HAVANT, United Kingdom, Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Xyratex Ltd (Nasdaq: XRTX), a leading provider of data storage technology, today announced it will have a strong presence at SC12, the premier international conference for high-performance computing (HPC), networking, storage and analysis to be held this week in Salt Lake City. Xyratex will showcase its HPC data storage solutions and demonstrate the value it brings to the market through a number of speeches and presentations, as well as in its booth exhibition.
Xyratex also today announced that its Xyratex ClusterStor family of integrated Lustre® HPC data storage solutions are available through Dell (Nasdaq: DELL). With Dell's significant footprint in the commercial sector, HPC customers will now be able to scale both storage performance and capacity while aggressively reducing space, power and administrative overhead.
"We've been very pleased with the market adoption of the ClusterStor 6000 HPC data storage solution we launched this summer, and we continue to see terrific results from our ongoing investment in the ClusterStor software management framework and the Lustre file system," said Ken Claffey, senior director of the ClusterStor business line at Xyratex. "We look forward to showing SC12 attendees the latest advancements we've been working on around these products and others, and how our work is delivering significant value to the HPC end users."
Xyratex will deliver several presentations during SC12:
- Lustre inventor and Xyratex Chief Software Architect Dr. Peter Braam will speak at an EOFS Birds of Feather panel about the progress of the Exa-scale I/O Initiative on Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 12:15 p.m.
- Dr. Braam also will sit on an Exa-scale and Big Data IO panel on Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 1:30 p.m.
- Xyratex will coordinate, and Ken Claffey will moderate, a "Boosting European HPC Value Chain" panel session for the European Technology Platform for High Performance Computing on Wednesday, Nov.14 at 10:30 a.m.
- Xyratex staff will lead presentations at several exhibitor booths on Wednesday, Nov. 14, including Adaptive Computing at 11 a.m., Mellanox at 1:15 p.m. and Intel at 3:35 p.m.
- Xyratex staff will present new Lustre technology and concepts at the OpenSFS booth at 10:30 a.m. on both Tuesday, Nov. 13 and Wednesday, Nov. 14.
Demonstrations of ClusterStor 6000, the next generation ClusterStor Manager user interface and other Xyratex products will take place at the Xyratex booth, #123.
Xyratex is a leading provider of data storage technology, including modular solutions for the enterprise data storage industry and hard disk drive (HDD) capital equipment for the HDD industry. Xyratex enterprise data storage platforms provide a range of advanced, scalable data storage solutions for the Original Equipment Manufacturer and High Performance Computing communities. As the largest capital equipment supplier to the HDD industry, Xyratex enables disk drive manufacturers and their component suppliers to meet today's technology and productivity requirements. Xyratex has over 25 years of experience in research and development relating to disk drives, storage systems and manufacturing process technology.
Founded in 1994 in an MBO from IBM, and with headquarters in the United Kingdom, Xyratex has an established global base with R&D and operational facilities in North America, Asia and Europe.
Lustre is a registered trademark of Oracle. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.