Makers of Smoked Sea Salt, Brazilian Honey Cake, and Fruit Sodas
Among 105 Companies Accepted to NASFT
New York, N.Y. (Nov. 13, 2012) – (Virtual Press Office) - The National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc., is pleased to welcome 105 new members.
The companies include Alaska Pure Sea Salt Co., Sitka, Alaska, producer of flake-style finishing salts, Kika's Treats, San Francisco, maker of tropical shortbreads and honey cakes, and Hotlips Soda, producer of small batch sodas made with fruits from the Pacific Northwest.
Other new members include creators of coconut water powder, cinnamon peanut butter spread, and persimmon preserves.
The NASFT is the leading U.S. trade association for food artisans, entrepreneurs, retailers and importers. Today there are more than 2,950 members throughout the U.S. and abroad.
"We are delighted to welcome these companies and help them succeed in bringing their distinctive specialty foods and beverages to the marketplace," says NASFT President Ann Daw.
To become a member, a food company must be approved by the NASFT Admissions Committee, an 11-member panel of food makers, distributors and retailers that reviews detailed applications and ensures the business produces products that qualify as specialty foods. The NASFT Board of Directors votes quarterly on the committee's recommendations.
Benefits of membership include the opportunity to exhibit at the NASFT's Fancy Food Shows, North America's largest marketplace devoted exclusively to specialty foods, participation in the sofi™ Awards, the top honor in the $75 billion specialty food industry, and a full menu of education programs and networking events. For information on membership, click here.
The new members are:
- AA Label, Inc., Dublin, Calif.
- AddGarlic!, Sonoma, Calif.
- Alaska Pure Sea Salt Co., Sitka, Alaska
- Alcove Chocolate, Los Angeles
- Almond Brothers, Phoenix
- Alya Foods, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Amusemints, Denver
- Ariola Imports, Duarte, Calif.
- Asturi Fine Foods NE, Coral Gables, Fla.
- Aulcorp Food Marketers & Distributors, Inc., Concord, Ontario
- Auntie Si, Arroyo Grande, Calif.
- Bar B Que Specialties, Inc., Grafton, Neb.
- Barkeater Chocolates, North Creek, N.Y.
- Beanfields, Los Angeles
- Bear Foods International, Seattle. Wash.
- BiRite Foodservice Dist., Brisbane, Calif.
- Braga Organic Farms, Inc., Madera, Calif.
- Buenos Aires Alfajores, Oakland, Calif.
- Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, Littleton, Colo.
- Bunnery Natural Foods, Jackson Hole, Wyo.
- Cafe Borsa, Irvine, Calif.
- California Rice Oil Company, Fairfield, Calif.
- Candywarehouse.com, Inc., Manhattan Beach, Calif.
- Casa Mexicana, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Cathy Hawk International, Napa, Calif.
- Chaykin Consulting, Austin, Texas
- Chebe, Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Cissé Trading Co., New York
- Colewillaiden, Bristol, R.I.
- Columbia Valley Family Farms, Inc., Pasco, Wash.
- Cook San Francisco, Oakland, Calif.
- Coop's Microcreamery, Watertown, Mass.
- CopperLeaf Gourmet Foods, Inc., Lawrence, Kan.
- Cosmos Creations, Junction City, Ore.
- Crown Food International, Long Island City, N.Y.
- Designed 4 Life, Long Beach, Calif.
- Doc Crombies Bootleg BBQ Sauce, Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- Ellee's Co., Doral, Fla.
- Fine Foods Trading Corp., Garfield, N.J.
- Flax4Life, Bellingham, Wash.
- Fournier Brokerage, Inc., Clear Lake, Minn.
- Franklin Consultants, Inc., Sanibel, Fla.
- Frenchie's Kitchen, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Fresh Origins, San Marcos, Calif.
- Gator Ron's, Bethesda, Md.
- Gluten Free Houston, Houston
- Gourmet Away Sales & Marketing Experts, Pomona, N.Y.
- Grace & I, Los Angeles
- Grind Mills, Avon, Colo.
- Hak's BBQ, Los Angeles
- Harris Tea Company, Moorestown, N.J.
- Hefti Creek Specialties, Monticello, Wisc.
- Hot-Can, Inc., San Diego
- Hotlips Soda, Portland, Ore.
- HVD, Denderhoutem, Belgium
- Inna Jam, Emeryville, Calif.
- Joia All Natural Soda, Minneapolis
- Kika's Treats, San Francisco
- Kimmie Candy Company, Reno, Nev.
- Kona Bar, Los Angeles
- Kong Kee Food Corp., Long Island City, N.Y.
- Kylito's Salsa Company, Lubbock, Texas
- Lanna Coffee, Fresno, Calif.
- Larry's Southwestern Sauces, Slingerlands, N.Y.
- Liuzzi Angeloni Cheese, Hamden, Conn.
- Maine International Trade Center, Portland, Maine.
- Manjaman Foods, Los Angeles
- Miners Mix, Mariposa, Calif.
- Natural Intentions, Inc., Folsom, Calif.
- Nature's Guru, Cerritos, Calif.
- New Beginnings Food Company, Westwood, Kan,
- North American Agro-Investments, Inc., Santa Clara, Calif.
- Oregon International Food, Hillsboro, Ore.
- Pacific Beach Peanut Butter, San Diego
- Relm West Labels & Packaging, Lakewood, Wash.
- Restaurantware, Chicago
- Safari Crunch, Chula Vista, Calif.
- Sam's F&B, Inc., Montebello, Calif.
- San Francisco Pickle Company, San Francisco
- Seitenbacher America, Odessa, Fla.
- Seka Hills, Brooks, Calif.
- Smart Flour Foods, Austin, Texas
- Smokinlicious Gourmet Wood Products, Olean, N.Y.
- SooFoo, San Francisco
- Special America's BBQ Inc., Miami
- Stacked Wines, Anaheim, Calif.
- Sweet Andy's Cookies, Westhampton Beach, N.Y.
- Taft Foodmasters, New York
- Tealish Inc., Toronto
- The M.A. Patterson Company, LTD, Southlake, Texas
- The N Beverage - Gruppo Fooding, Carteret, N.J.
- Ticklebelly Desserts, Denver
- Time Square Foods Imports, New York
- To Your Health Sprouted Bread and Flour Co., Inc., Fitzpatrick, Ala.
- Traina Foods, Patterson, Calif.
- Tripper, Inc., Oxnard, Calif.
- Tryeh Inc., Berkeley, Calif.
- United Juice Companies of America,, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Vanilla Bean Unique Cookies & Cupcakes, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Very Peri Sauces, Columbia, Md.
- Viktoria's Gourmet Foods, Port Washington, N.Y.
- Viviana, Denver
- Waiakea Investments, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Wheat Montana Farms & Bakery, Three Forks, Mont.
- Wonderfully Raw Gourmet, Watsonville, Calif.
About the NASFT
The NASFT is celebrating its 60th anniversary. It is a not-for-profit trade association established in 1952 to foster commerce and interest in the specialty food industry. Today there are more than 2,950 members in the U.S. and abroad. The NASFT's website for consumers, foodspring.com, provides an insider's look at specialty foods and the companies, food entrepreneurs and artisans behind them. For more information on the NASFT and its Fancy Food Shows, go to specialtyfood.com
The History of Specialty Food
To mark its 60th Anniversary, the NASFT has created "A Visual Feast," a detailed history of specialty food, major culinary milestones and the innovators behind them. See it at www.specialtyfood.com/avisualfeast.
NASFT MEDIA CONTACTS:
Ron Tanner, VP Communications & Education; 646-878-0115, firstname.lastname@example.org
Louise Kramer, Communications Director; 646-878-0130, email@example.com