CANNES, France, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The 17th MAPIC Awards ceremony took place this evening during MAPIC, the international market for retail real estate. The winners have been unveiled during the MAPIC Awards Gala Dinner at the Martinez Hotel in Cannes.
Taking place in Cannes, November 14-16, MAPIC is organised by Reed MIDEM, a division of Reed Exhibitions.
The MAPIC Awards 2012 winners are :
Best fashion and footwear retail concept :
- Adidas Neo (Germany)
Best food and beverage retail concept :
- EXKI (Belgium)
Best high street retail real estate development :
- Santa Monica Place (Santa Monica, United States)
Submitted by The Jerde Partnership
Best multichannel strategy :
- McDonald's (France)
Best retail and leisure development :
- Morocco Mall (Casablanca, Morocco)
Submitted by Design International
Best retail global expansion :
- Debenhams (United Kingdom)
Most innovative shopping center :
- The Star Vista (Singapore)
Submitted by CapitaMalls Asia
As Russia is this year's MAPIC Country of Honour, Samvel Sarkisovitch Karapetyan, chairman and founder of the Russian Tashir Group of companies, has been chosen as the 2012 'Personality of the Year'.
The jury is composed of experts from the retail real estate sector:
- President of the jury - Frederic LALOUM, Directeur General Adjoint et Membre du Directoire, Altarea (France)
- John STRACHAN, Global Head of Retail, Cushman & Wakefield LLP (United Kingdom)
- Alain BOUTIGNY, Editor-in-Chief, Sites Commerciaux (France)
- Yann GUEN, Vice-President, Mayland Real Estate (Poland)
- Jacques SINKE, Director of International Retail, MAB Development Group (The Netherlands)
- Klaus STRIEBICH, Managing Director Leasing, ECE Projektmanagement (Germany)
- Delphine DAUGE, Agency Director, Brandimage (France)
- Enis ONCUOGLU, Managing Director - Architect, ONCUOGLU+ACP Architecture (Turkey)
Click here for listings of the winning projects.
Click here to download the projects' pictures.
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is a leading organiser of professional, international tradeshows. Reed MIDEM events have established themselves as key dates in professional diaries. The company hosts MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia and MAPIC for the property and retail real estate sectors.
Reed MIDEM is a division of Reed Exhibitions, the world's leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 39 countries. In 2011 Reed brought together six million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 33 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading publisher and information provider and a FTSE 100 company.
SOURCE Reed MIDEM