MAHWAH, N.J., Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jaguar Land Rover will draw the world's attention to all things British with the debut of three exciting new luxury automobiles in the U.S. at the 2012 Los Angeles International Automobile Show, November 28 – December 9.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121120/CL16568 )
"This year's Los Angeles Auto show is one of the most significant U.S. shows in years for Jaguar Land Rover as we launch a true modern day British invasion with the debut of three breakthrough new products," said Jaguar Land Rover North America President, Andy Goss. "Jaguar Land Rover is making major strides to grow the business with highly targeted new products. The new Jaguar F-TYPE, Jaguar XFR-S and all new Range Rover will all make a major impact, specifically in the United States, which will be the world's largest market for all three vehicles."
Making its global debut at the show will be the XFR-S model, the fastest and most powerful sedan Jaguar has ever produced. This is the second model in the ultra-high performance R-S range, with just 100 sedans being offered for the 2014 model year in the U.S. market - making it one of the most exclusive Jaguar models ever.
Making its U.S. Auto Show Debut in Los Angeles is the all-new 2013 Land Rover Range Rover. The world's first SUV with a lightweight all-aluminum body, the new Range Rover takes the capabilities of the marque's flagship to a new level, with greater luxury and refinement. The U.S. specification vehicle with the naturally-aspirated 5-liter V8 will be approximately 700lbs lighter than the outgoing equivalent. This new aluminum platform delivers significant enhancements in performance and agility, along with an improvement in fuel economy and reduction in CO2 emissions. The new Range Rover goes on sale in December, 2012, starting at $83,5001.
Making its U.S. Auto Show Debut in Los Angeles is the 2014 Jaguar F-TYPE, displayed for the first time with the Black Pack (high gloss black body trim). An all-new two-seat soft-top convertible sports car built on a front-engine; lightweight aluminum architecture with rear-wheel drive, Jaguar has engineered the F-TYPE to be a true high-performance sports car. The Jaguar F-TYPE combines low vehicle weight (starting at 3,521 pounds), high power (340hp, 380hp and 495hp versions) and superb aerodynamics to achieve a pure sports car experience, yet with Jaguar elegance. F-TYPE goes on sale in early summer, 2013, starting at $69,0002.
Notes to editors:
1 Price shown is MSRP. Includes destination and delivery fee. Excludes taxes, title, license and other local fees. Actual price set by retailer. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.
2 Price shown is MSRP. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license, retailer fees and optional equipment. Actual price set by retailer. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com.
Information about Land Rover North America products is available to consumers at www.landroverusa.com.
SOURCE Jaguar Land Rover