IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that it will showcase its latest connectivity innovations for automotive at CES 2013. Its new Connected Car Zone will feature wired and wireless technology demonstrations from Broadcom and leading automotive and tech partners including Continental, Digital Design, XMOS® and Freescale Semiconductor. Learn how Broadcom® innovation is enabling the Connected Life at home, at work, and on-the-go at Broadcom@CES.
Automotive has emerged as the next frontier for intelligent connectivity. For many consumers the car serves as a place where work, entertainment and safety technologies converge. As a leading provider of wired and wireless communications, Broadcom is driving innovation in automotive, providing the network backbone for today and tomorrow's connected car.
Connected Car Zone Demonstrations:
- Miracast Wi-Fi Infotainment Display
- Infotainment touch screen shares video over WiFi to rear seat display
- Intelligent GPS Navigation and Bluetooth Technology
- Continental Advance Driver Assist and Infotainment Demo (Enabled by BroadR-Reach Technology)
- 2x camera modules, head unit, amplifier, ATM module, Power over data line
- Digital Design Corp Advanced Driver Assist Camera Demo
- Freescale Semiconductor Audio Amplifier Demo (Enabled by BroadR-Reach Technology)
- Head unit touch display, amplifier, audio output
- XMOS Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Platform (Enabled by BroadR-Reach Technology)
- Audio and MPEG-2 transport over AVB
For ongoing Broadcom news visit our Newsroom, read our B-Connected Blog, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter. And to stay connected, subscribe to our RSS Feed.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo, and BroadR-Reach® are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Infrastructure & Networking