FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LAND ROVER ARRIVES IN THE CAPITAL CITY FOR THE 2013 WASHINGTON AUTO SHOW
(WASHINGTON, DC) – February 1, 2013 - (Virtual Press Office) -- Land Rover will showcase a selection of vehicles at the Washington Auto Show held from February 1 to 10, 2013.
2013 models include the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover LR4 and Land Rover LR2 (Please note – not all models may be on display at this show).
2013 Range Rover
The new 2013 Land Rover Range Rover has been engineered from the ground up to be the most capable, most refined Range Rover ever. Lighter, stronger, and with new levels of refinement, the next Range Rover reinforces its position among the finest luxury vehicles.
The all-aluminum unibody structure is 39 percent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model. This enables a total vehicle weight savings of up to 926lbs, depending on market and specifications. The US specification vehicle with the naturally-aspirated 5-liter V8 will be approximately 700lbs lighter than the outgoing equivalent. This new aluminum platform delivers significant enhancements in performance and agility, along with an improvement in fuel economy and reduction in CO2 emissions.
Range Rover Highlights:
- Unmistakably a Range Rover, a modern interpretation of iconic design cues
- Legendary Land Rover off-road capability with transformed on-road handling and agility
- Lighter, stronger and more refined. The world's first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody structure
- Weight savings of up to 926lbs (420kg) when compared to the outgoing model delivers improved fuel economy and reduced CO2 emissions. A US specification V8 model is approximately 700lbs lighter than similarly equipped outgoing model
- A more spacious and luxurious interior provides a truly composed motoring experience for all occupants. Rear legroom increases 4.7 inches
- Adaptive dynamics suspension system further refines ride quality
- Enhanced all-terrain performance with the introduction of a new fully automatic Land Rover "Terrain Response 2 Auto®" system
- Designed and engineered in Britain at Land Rover's development centers throughout the UK
- Manufactured in a new aluminum production facility at Land Rover's Home in Solihull, United Kingdom
2013 Range Rover Sport
To complement the exterior design changes refreshed for the 2012 model year - in 2013 a striking new five-spoke cast alloy wheel design in Sparkle Silver becomes standard on the Range Rover Sport Supercharged. Customers opting for the Supercharged model will discover stunning red Brembo™ brake calipers fitted as standard with the option of reverting back to black high performance brakes at no additional cost.
2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Limited Edition
The 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Limited Edition provides drivers with a combination of luxurious interior appointments and sporting exterior design changes. With 510 horsepower at the ready, the Supercharged Range Rover Sport has extraordinary performance capabilities.
For the U.S. market there are only 300 units being produced in Santorini Black, and only 200 units in Fuji White.
2013 Range Rover Sport GT Limited Edition
The 2013 Range Rover Sport GT Limited Edition offers luxury interior and distinctive exterior design details, together with other popular equipment that provides a more differentiated expression of the HSE specification vehicle.
Among other features, the GT Limited Edition includes an extended rear roof spoiler, unique rear chrome exhaust treatments, 20" black five spoke alloy wheels, steering wheel mounted shift paddles, and the premium LOGIC7 audio system with SAT and HD radio.
A limited number of 450 will be built in Santorini Black, with an additional 300 units being produced in Fuji White.
Range Rover Sport Highlights:
- Supercharged Limited Edition & GT Limited Edition available in limited numbers
- Red Brembo™ brake calipers for Supercharged models
- Striking new alloy wheel design
- Wider choice of interior color combinations
- Towing package introduced as an option
2013 Range Rover Evoque
The Range Rover Evoque was launched to critical acclaim in the 2012 model year. Earning over 120 international awards in its first year, the Range Rover Evoque has been a major success for Land Rover.
The smallest Range Rover model ever, the Range Rover Evoque stays true to the core brand values by providing premium levels of craftsmanship, luxury, performance and multi-terrain capability. Available in five-door and coupe versions, the Range Rover Evoque provides generous interior legroom and headroom, a very practical trunk, plus highly capable off-road geometry and ground clearance. At 171-inches long, the Range Rover Evoque is 17-inches shorter than the Range Rover Sport, and with its dramatic roofline, sits about seven-inches lower. The slightly taller five-door Range Rover Evoque model stands about six inches lower than the Range Rover Sport.
All Range Rover Evoque models are powered by a 2-liter, 240-horsepower direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, which is teamed to a 6-speed automatic transmission and a full-time, intelligent four-wheel drive system. New efficiency technologies, lightweight materials and environmentally conscious design combine to make the Range Rover Evoque the most fuel-efficient Range Rover model.
Range Rover Evoque Highlights:
- Choice of coupe and five-door models
- Five passenger seating
- Model line adds a more accessible "Pure" five-door model for 2013. The new variant features an aluminum alloy roof in place of the panoramic laminated glass roof standard on other Range Rover Evoque models, and an interior trimmed in leather and Dinamica® synthetic suede
- 240 hp turbocharged, direct injected 2-liter 4-cylinder engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission
- Full-time intelligent all-wheel drive with electronically-controlled Haldex® center coupling
- Suspension configured for dynamic and agile handling across varied terrain, available with Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide™ magneto-rheological damper technology
- Three models, each with a unique design theme
- Innovative Range Rover technologies, including an 8-inch (203mm) touch-screen display and an optional 360 degree Surround Camera System
2013 Land Rover LR4
The Land Rover LR4 is a luxurious all-purpose, all-terrain SUV, available with three-row seating for seven adults. This exclusively V8-powered, high-capability vehicle continues into 2013 with technology updates, along new interior and exterior options, including a striking new Black Design Package.
Distinguishing the Land Rover LR4 from competitive luxury SUVs is a blend of on-road comfort and off-road capability, bolstered by a permanent four-wheel drive system with a lockable center differential and a two-speed transfer case with a low-range and an array of traction-aiding technologies. The LR4 uses integrated body-frame construction, featuring a steel unibody mounted on a rigid boxed full frame.
The LR4 is powered by a 5-liter V8 engine that develops 375 hp and 375 lb.-ft. torque. Engineered for a balance of performance and efficiency, the all-aluminum alloy V8 delivers responsive power throughout the rev range, making it ideal for on-road and off-road performance and towing. On road, the LR4 can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in just 7.5 seconds (0-100km/h in 7.9 seconds.)3 The engine meets the stringent ULEV (ultra low emissions vehicle) regulations.
- The Land Rover LR4 is a luxurious all-purpose, all-terrain SUV, available with three-row seating for seven adults
- Demonstrates a true dual-purpose nature with luxurious interior appointments and exceptional on-road comfort coupled with rugged off-road capability
- A new Black Design Package creates a striking look. Available with either 19-inch or 20-inch black painted wheels, the package includes gloss black treatments to the grille, fender vents, door handles, mirror caps, and badging
- Five new body colors offered
- New Extended Leather Package available as an option
- Navigation system fitted with premium features, including 4x4i
- 5-liter V8 direct injected engine making 375 hp and 375 lb.-ft. torque, coupled to a 6-speed adaptive automatic transmission and two-speed transfer case
- Integrated body-frame construction features a steel unibody mounted on a rigid boxed full frame
- Four-wheel independent height-adjustable air suspension
- Terrain Response® system enhances all-terrain performance1
- Available Surround Camera System with Tow Assist, Passive Keyless Entry, Push Button start, optional Automatic High Beam Assist3
- Certified as an Ultra-Low Emissions Vehicle (LEVII – ULEV)
2013 Land Rover LR2
Land Rover has given the 2013 LR2 a complete revision, to deliver even higher levels of comfort, convenience and driving enjoyment. New colors, new exterior design features, upgraded interior equipment levels, and a new more powerful and more efficient engine.
A new lightweight turbocharged, direct injected 2-liter four-cylinder engine now powers the 2013 Land Rover LR2. This engine delivers 240 hp at 5500 rpm and 250 ft-lbs of torque at 3200 rpm, providing a broader power band strong low-speed response. This represents an increase of 10 hp and 16 lb-ft respectively over the outgoing 3.2- liter naturally aspirated inline six. This new engine first appeared in the 2012 Range Rover Evoque and features advanced technologies such as high pressure direct fuel injection and variable valve timing.
- Completely updated for the 2013 model year, the Land Rover LR2 joins the Range Rover Evoque to provide compelling entries in the premium compact SUV market
- New 240 hp 2-liter turbocharged engine replaces the 3.2-liter inline six, offering increased horsepower, torque, and efficiency
- New exterior design elements give a sportier and more purposeful look
- Interior technologies from the Range Rover Evoque are now available in the Land Rover LR2
- New dashboard layout including a new center console
- New colors for exterior paint and interior trim
- New standard 7-inch color touch-screen
- Available 825W Meridian surround sound system with 17-speakers for a concert-like experience
- New 'Say What You See' (optional) prompted voice command system offers a screen guided and voice prompted voice interface2
- Available Rear View Camera with 'Hitch Assist'
# # #
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its' clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover product is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today's Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs.
For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
1 These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving
2 Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Do not operate, adjust or view the navigation or multimedia systems under conditions that will affect your safety or the safety of others. Only use devices with voice commands when it is safe to do so
3 Always obey local speed limits
Wayne York Kung
Product Communications Manager
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
Corporate, Brand & Interactive Communications Manager
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
Information about Land Rover North America products is available to consumers at www.landroverusa.com
Go to www.media.landrover.com or www.interactivelandrover.com for news releases, high-resolution photographs and broadcast quality video footage