SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced it will showcase the newest addition to its award-winning ScanSnap product lineup – the next generation ScanSnap iX500 featuring built-in Wi-Fi connectivity giving customers the ability to scan directly to their iOS compatible devices1, at the Macworld/iWorld Conference and Expo, January 31-February 2 in San Francisco. Fujitsu will be giving live demonstrations of the ScanSnap iX500, with partners Evernote and Mariner Software showcasing their integrated solutions, at booth #610.
The new ScanSnap iX500 is enhanced with faster scanning speeds, a new advanced feeding system, an intelligent and customizable Quick Menu, and functionality allowing users to easily scan to cloud-based services such as Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync and Salesforce. The ScanSnap iX500 also comes equipped with a revolutionary "GI" image processor2 inside the scanner so users can instantly scan and transmit PDF or JPEG files, to their mobile devices without the use of a computer.
Utilizing the free "ScanSnap Connect" app on their mobile device or tablet, ScanSnap users achieve a whole new level of convenience in scanning; literally from the palm of their hand. The "ScanSnap Connect" app can be downloaded in the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store and can be used with both the iPad and iPhone running iOS 4.3 or later and Android compatible tablets and smartphones running OS 2.23.
Enhanced with USB 3.0 connectivity, the ScanSnap iX500 provides the same easy-to-use one-button scanning and advanced imaging technology that customers have come to expect with ScanSnap. Additional new and innovative features of the ScanSnap iX500 include:
- Faster Scanning Performance: Utilizing the increased power of its engine and "GI" image processor, the iX500 can create PDF files at speeds of up to 25 double-sided color pages per minute (300dpi, color) -- that's 25 percent faster than its predecessor.
- Advanced Document Feeding System: Inheriting the superior paper feeding technology driving the higher-end scanners from Fujitsu, the iX500 achieves exceptional feeding reliability using enhanced "Separation Roller" technology to maximize feeding reliability across an even wider range of documents and scanning situations.
- Customizable Quick Menu: For additional convenience and flexibility, the ScanSnap Quick Menu is fully customizable and automatically appears after scanning providing a quick and easy way to send those scanned documents to several popular "Scan-To" applications. Furthermore, the Quick Menu incorporates new intelligence that anticipates the appropriate application while keeping users in the driver's seat for easy and faithful disposition of content.
- Cloud Services Support: Users can scan documents directly to Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync and Salesforce Chatter from their Mac or PC, giving them even more flexibility to store, share and access their paperwork. Whether it is scanning contracts, bills, invoices, or business cards on the road or using a PC in one place and a Mac in another, consumers have the necessary tools to be even more productive and paperless virtually anywhere.
- Efficient Business Card Scanning: Mac users can conveniently scan their business cards and export the contact information directly to Address Book or Outlook for Mac. While PC users can capture a business card, extract the information automatically and export it to Outlook, Excel®, Salesforce and other contact management software.
For a complete resource of features and functionality of the ScanSnap iX500 please visit the ScanSnap Community at http://scansnapcommunity.com/features/8321-newest-scansnap-scanner-brings-incredible-power-support-for-scanning-directly-to-mobile-devices-without-a-pc/
Fujitsu will be conducting one-on-one media briefings/demos upon request. To receive additional information or book a meeting, please contact Doug Madey at 415/309-9422 or email@example.com.
Event: Macworld/iWorld 2013 Conference and Expo
Location: The Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
Date: Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2013
Fujitsu Booth: #610
Registration: Registration for Macworld/iWorld 2013 Conference and Expo is open and can be accessed online at http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 is available now for $495 (U.S. list) through Fujitsu authorized resellers and mail order catalogs.
Fujitsu will be selling the ScanSnap iX500 at the Macworld/iWorld 2013 Conference and Expo direct from the Fujitsu booth (#610) starting Thursday, January 31 through Saturday, February 2 during regular show floor hours.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about Fujitsu ScanSnap visit:
1The ScanSnap iX500 and mobile device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to allow scans to be sent to the mobile device.
2The "GI" processor was developed by PFU Limited and is equipped with a dual-core CPU-mounted processor supporting Wi-Fi and USB3.0 interfaces.
3Fujitsu does not guarantee that ScanSnap Connect will work on all devices running Android OS 2.2 / iOS 4.3 or later. Please check the ScanSnap Android and iOS device support page for the latest information.
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
The Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Additionally, the Advance Exchange service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program, provides the customer a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. The Advance Exchange offering is available for $99 covering 12 months. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2013 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
SOURCE Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.