BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile World Congress - CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores, today announced that its customers, partners and CEVA-powered OEMs have come out in full force at Mobile World Congress 2013, debuting a wide range of new products, solutions and end-market devices at the show. Leveraging on the ultra-low power and industry-leading performance enabled by CEVA's DSPs and platforms, many of the more than fifty CEVA customers, partners and OEMs participating at the Congress introduced new products and solutions. Highlights include:
- ACER's Liquid C1 smartphone, powered by Intel and featuring a HSPA+ modem
- Aricent and Mindspeed introduced an integrated eNodeB solution based on the Transcede T3300 baseband processor supporting 20 MHz LTE FDD and throughputs of up to 150 Mbps
- ASUS' Fonepad, a 7 inch phablet powered by Intel and featuring a HSPA+ modem
- Broadcom demonstrated their 4G LTE modem capable of LTE Category 4 download speeds of up to 150Mbps
- DSP Group Introduced DBMD2 - The World's Most Powerful Voice Enhancement IC. DBMD2 is powered by the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP
- Intel unveiled their latest dual-core Clover Trail+ mobile Atom processor platform paired with XMM 6360 DC-HSPA+ modem
- Lenovo's K900 smartphone powered by Intel and featuring a HSPA+ modem
- Mindspeed introduced the T3400 and T4400 Transcede SoCs targeting LTE-Advanced metrocell class small cells and premium enterprise small cells
- Nokia announced the entry-level Nokia 105 phone, its lowest ever priced phone with a color screen
- Samsung announced the launch of the 8 inch tablet, the GALAXY Note 8.0 with HSPA+ modem.
- Samsung also displayed a range of smartphones, tablets and other devices powered by CEVA DSPs, including the Galaxy Grand Duos, Galaxy Fame, and the Galaxy Camera all powered by CEVA DSPs
- SIMcom launched their latest M2M modules, including the SIM928 module based on the ST-Ericsson PNX4851 platform
- Telit announced the expansion of its mobile computing and M2M offerings, leveraging their collaboration with Intel
Technologies on display at CEVA's booth include:
- Advanced audio post-processing for mobile devices powered by the CEVA-TeakLite-III and CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSPs, including Dolby Mobile 3+, DTS TruMediaHD and Dirac HD Sound
- Advanced image and video enhancement features, including video stabilizer, video dynamic range compression and color enhancement powered by the CEVA-MM3101 imaging and vision platform
- Antcor's 802.11ac Wi-Fi solution running on the CEVA-XC DSP
- DSP Group's HDClear voice enhancement solution powered by the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP
- eyeSight's industry-leading gesture software running on the CEVA-MM3101 imaging and vision platform in silicon
- Face detection and recognition powered by the CEVA-MM3101 imaging and vision platform
- Galileo Satellite Navigation's (GSN) GNSS solution running on the CEVA-XC DSP
- NXP Software's LifeVibes VoiceExperience solution running on the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP.
- Sensory's TrulyHandsfree always-on lowest-power voice activation technology running on the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP
More information and video footage of the innovative technology demonstrations on display at CEVA's booth can be found online at CEVA's Mobile World Congress Virtual Booth – to view, visit http://events.ceva-dsp.com/mwc/
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia (vision, imaging and HD audio), voice processing, Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2012, CEVA's IP was shipped in more than 1 billion devices, powering smartphones from many of the world's leading OEMs, including HTC, Huawei, Lenovo, LG, Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, TCL and ZTE. Today, more than 40% of handsets shipped worldwide are powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com. Follow CEVA on twitter at www.twitter.com/cevadsp.
SOURCE CEVA, Inc.