SALEM, N.H., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, is announcing a 75 percent increase in wireless business in fiscal 2012, based on significant demand for healthcare customers to seek innovative solutions to drive critical patient workflows through wired and wireless networks.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/54173-enterasys-increases-wireless-healthcare-business
- In fiscal year 2012, wireless business increased 75 percent. Growth in APAC and North America was especially strong, increasing 402 and 210 percent respectively.
- Enterasys provided Henry Ford Health System, one of the nation's largest healthcare providers, with pervasive life-critical wireless network designed to support hundreds of VoIP devices and Wi-Fi access to patients, physicians, and care givers using clinical and personally-owned devices. In addition to providing full time coverage for a diverse range of Wi-Fi devices, the solution, which will be demonstrated at HIMSS 2013, provides support for thousands of biomedical devices used for patient care and monitoring over 5 unique campus environments.
- Wireless business with solely new customers was also strong in fiscal year 2012, increasing 39 percent year-over-year with significant growth recognized in APAC and Latin America markets.
- The company continued to develop strong relationships with key strategic partners, including AirWatch, and enabled increased visibility and control of devices and network users through the integration of AirWatch's comprehensive mobile management solution with Enterasys' Mobile IAM (announced in Q1 2013).
- Building on Enterasys' strong foundation in the healthcare space, the company announced the launch of OneFabric Connect to simplify BYOD for hospitals and healthcare networks.
Healthcare Industry Accolades
- Ranked #64 overall in the Healthcare Informatics 100, a compilation of the top health IT companies based on revenues from the most recent fiscal year.
- OneFabric Edge architecture, which simplifies edge networking to support mobile application delivery and help healthcare organizations improve the overall availability of care, was named one of the top 25 products on displays at HIMSS 2012.
Enterasys will highlight momentum at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS 2013) Conference & Exhibition in booth #8529. Click here for more details.
Ali Youssef, Wireless Solutions Architect, Henry Ford Health System
"Enterasys' pervasive Wi-Fi solution is a perfect complement to Henry Ford's mission of improving patient experience and providing top-level patient care. Enterasys took on the task of delivering a reliable and robust solution that supports our mission critical network totaling over 7 million square feet and several thousand Wi-Fi enabled devices. Another key factor that puts Enterasys ahead of what other vendors are offering is their commitment to top-notch services. They are a highly skilled team who truly work for the customer."
Chris Crowell, President & CEO, Enterasys Networks
"As the number of mobile devices that are taken to the workplace continues to rise, the importance of developing a comprehensive and secure BYOD strategy increases. Enterasys solutions enable healthcare organizations to take on the challenge of mobility head on and simultaneously increase the patient experience. We have a strong foundation in this space and we're excited to continue momentum in 2013."
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
For more information, please visit:
www.siemens-enterprise.com or www.enterasys.com
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks