MORTON GROVE, Ill., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oh, baby, five new super-KEFIR-fragilistic treats from Lifeway Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: LWAY) are on their way to a grocery store near you! All containing the probiotic power of Lifeway Kefir, the lineup ranges from freeze-dried Lifeway ProBugs Bites for infants and other new ProBugs varieties for older children to frozen kefir bars and a brand new Lowfat Honey Fig Kefir flavor invented by Lifeway customers.
The new Lifeway confections will take a bow at Lifeway's Booth #3556 at the Natural Products Expo West trade show running March 7-10 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. Offering 99% lactose-free, naturally gluten-free, guilt-free goodness in every sip or bite, the latest Lifeway probiotic 'personalities' are:
- Lifeway ProBugs Bites, tiny freeze-dried kefir melts that quickly dissolve in baby's mouth for safe and easy self-feeding. Each shelf stable, non perishable pouch comes in Orange Creamy Crawler, Goo-Berry Pie, and Strawnana Split flavors.
- Lifeway ProBugs Organic Green Kefir, a yogurt-like smoothie blended with kale, broccoli, spinach, cabbage and apple to deliver the antioxidant equivalent of a full serving of vegetables. Like Lifeway's other ProBugs smoothies for kids, the new Green goodie is packaged in a fun 4 oz. pouch with a no-spill spout for easy on-the-go snacking, is low in sugar, and brimming with protein and calcium.
- Lifeway ProBugs Blast, a new ProBugs lowfat smoothie variation with cosmically creative flavors as well as packaging designed specifically for tweens. Packing the same probiotic punch as other ProBugs products, the new line extension includes Cherry Lime Supernova, Grape Galaxy, Strawberry Kiwi Comet, and Peach Mango Moon flavors delivered in 3.5 oz. easy-grip containers – because when you're 8 or 10, a sippy pouch just won't do.
- Lifeway Lowfat Honey Fig Kefir, the 14th flavor in the Lifeway lowfat kefir collection. The new Mediterranean-inspired cultured milk smoothie was created during Chicago Ideas Week (CIW) last October, where participants at Lifeway's CIW event were invited to mix and match 45 different flavor ingredients in the Lifeway innovation lab and the Honey Fig blend emerged as the group favorite. Available in 32 oz. bottles.
- Lifeway Frozen Kefir Bars, low-fat indulgences set to take their place in grocery freezers next to the seven-flavor Lifeway Frozen Kefir family. Featuring the same probiotic, 99% lactose-free and naturally gluten-free properties as the rest of the Lifeway lineup, the new bars are available in pear, coconut, vanilla and green tea raspberry flavors – all without high-fructose corn syrup and with the trademark tart n' tangy taste that has put Lifeway on the map.
"These new products reinforce the message we've been sending for years: healthy snacks don't have to be boring," said Julie Smolyansky, President and CEO of Lifeway Foods. "The success of products like our ProBugs and frozen kefir lines proves that millions of consumers are hungry for better pick-me-up options than ice cream and candy bars, and we continue to expand our product portfolio to meet that demand."
About Lifeway Foods, Inc.
Lifeway Foods, Inc. (LWAY), recently named one of Fortune Small Business' Fastest Growing Companies for the fifth consecutive year, is America's leading supplier of the cultured dairy products known as kefir and organic kefir. Lifeway Kefir is a dairy beverage that contains 10 exclusive live and active probiotic cultures plus ProBoost. In addition to its line of Kefir products, the company produces a variety of Frozen Kefir and probiotic cheese products. Lifeway also sells frozen kefir, kefir smoothies and kefir parfaits through its Starfruit retail stores.
Find Lifeway Foods, Inc. on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lifewaykefir
Follow Lifeway Foods on Twitter: http://twitter.com/lifeway_kefir
Follow Lifeway Foods on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/Lifewaykefir
SOURCE Lifeway Foods, Inc.