NEW ORLEANS, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services, is presenting its award-winning healthcare information technology (HIT) connectivity solutions at HIMSS13. Quest Diagnostics offers the broadest access to diagnostic information services through its network of laboratories and through its HIT network which connects acute and ambulatory environments, spans more than 310,000 physicians in over 95,000 offices and is interoperable with 15,000 EMR connections with more than 200 vendors.
Advanced healthcare IT solutions are critical to meet the demands of health systems as stakeholders seek to meaningfully improve healthcare, drive efficiency, and accelerate interoperability among acute and ambulatory environments. Quest Diagnostics HIT connectivity solutions support multiple healthcare stakeholders, integrate platforms, and optimize workflows strategically across health systems. The result is a connected healthcare system with access to critical diagnostic insights through an open, compatible secure network.
"Our HIT platform was developed to provide healthcare professionals with a comprehensive suite of interoperable HIT solutions and programs that support informed decision making, allowing users to be smart, synchronized and connected," said Philip S. Present, Vice President and General Manager, Care360 Products. "With Quest Diagnostics' leadership in the delivery of large-scale clinical information, complete with Six Sigma quality and security, we are committed to putting knowledge in the hands of the providers, the patient, payers and their communities of care."
The key pillars of Quest Diagnostic's connectivity platforms are being showcased at the HIMSS 2013 Conference this week in New Orleans at booth #3927, where the company's HIT executives and healthcare thought-leaders will share the company's HIT solutions that address the top priorities of CIOs and CFOs: health system efficiency and enhanced connectivity.
Quest Diagnostics executives are showcasing the following HIT tools:
Tools for ACOs and Physician-to-Hospital Connectivity:
- Care360®: More than 1.2 million health care providers, 310,000 physicians in 95,000 physician offices use the Care360 platform for fast and easy access to patient health information through Care360 Lab Orders and Results, ePrescribing and Care360 Electronic Health Records (EHR). Our next generation of connectivity will expand the technologies for order decision support, enhanced mobility, interoperability, and condition-based views.
- Care360® EHR: Rated Black Book's #1 Top EHR vendor for 2-5 physician group practices for 2013, Care360 EHR is a cloud-based solution that allows physicians to transition key activities from paper to electronic management in a stepwise approach. With a wide range of capabilities, including electronic lab order management, clinical messaging, ePrescribing, clinical documentation tools, document management and multi-system interoperability, Care360 EHR accelerates adoption and has the features physicians can utilize anytime, anywhere via iPhone® and other mobile devices, as well as the next generation of iPad® tablets.
- Care360® Data Exchange: This structured, secure and robust data exchange connects acute and ambulatory care settings – helping to bridge the gap between inpatient and outpatient worlds and between PCPs and specialists. The Care360 platform allows the exchange of lab histories, patient health histories, population management reports, clinical decision support and direct secure messaging. Care360 Data Exchange helps providers quickly build a health care platform for better care coordination with the large network of community physicians on the Care360 platform.
Enterprise Business Intelligence and Process Management Tools:
- ChartMaxx® ECM: The next generation of ChartMaxx® includes Business Process Management (BPM) tools that incorporate award-winning software with Appian, the market leader in modern software. ChartMaxx ECM powered by Appian BPM will make data actionable with proactive alerts, dynamic dashboards, expanded views of patient and hospital data, and quick development of mobile apps to improve workflows. This eight-time 'Best in KLAS' Document Management and Imaging (DMI) product and the inclusion of the Enterprise Content Management solution enables healthcare organizations to see immediate process improvements that enhance performance results through the efficient collection, analysis and use of clinical, financial and administrative information including electronic documents and eForms. ChartMaxx® has been implemented in more than 140 hospitals and integrated healthcare delivery networks capturing unstructured data to fill in the content gaps throughout the enterprise, integrating with enterprise hospital EHRs, and automating workflows.
Patient Engagement Tools:
- Gazelle®: Winner of a 2012 CIO 100 Award, Gazelle is a mobile health application that empowers the patient to see, store and share his or her personal health information. Patients can store various healthcare providers' names and contact information, immunization records and medical records. In addition, patients can make an appointment, monitor blood pressure and weight, store vital health stats, allergies to foods or medications and the names and numbers of prescriptions and their dosages.
HCIT Vendor-to-Vendor Interoperability:
- Quest Diagnostics Health IT Quality Solutions: Through this quality certification program, Quest Diagnostics supports quality EHR technology vendors to provide assurance to physicians that their choice of a qualified-certified EHR solution will facilitate effective laboratory data interoperability while meeting their clinical and business needs. To date, 30 EHR solutions have met the company's rigorous standards for certification in the Program's Gold and Silver tiers.
- Care360® Seamless Integration With Large HIT Systems and Vendors: Care360 has 15,000 EMR connections with 200 vendors and is expanding integration to major enterprise HIT systems and health information exchanges. ChartMaxx® uses a combination of HL7, Epic API and other functionality to provide integration points within EpicCare Inpatient, EpicCare Ambulatory, Prelude/ADT, Resolute Hospital Billing, Resolute Professional Billing and other systems including EpicWeb. The end result is seamless integration that provides users with the ability to access a wide variety of documents and information including scanned information such as patient ID, insurance cards and consent forms from directly within Epic screens.
- Laboratory Information System Interface: Quest Diagnostics can implement standard reference laboratory interfaces developed to align with all of the major laboratory information systems (LIS), allowing systems to get a bi-directional interface implemented faster.
Tools to Facilitate Diagnostics Usage:
- IntelliTest Manager: This flexible online tool allows users to access new test information, test updates and changes based on their specific account utilization over the last 12 months. Users can also filter searches based on test utilization, helping to minimize the challenge of keeping up with changing test information.
- Quest Diagnostics Joint Directory of Services: A customized online Joint Directory of Services (JDOS) application that helps clients look up test codes, CPT codes, specimen requirements, reference ranges and clinical usage information to assist them in choosing the right test(s) for their patients. This service can be provided via the Web, printed book or CD-ROM.
For more information on Quest Diagnostics' HIT Connectivity Solutions to stay informed, synchronized and connected, visit the Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT Theatre in Booth #3927 at HIMSS 2013 (http://care360.questdiagnostics.com/himss.cfm) or visit http://care360.com/pr.
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic information services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics is a pioneer in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care. Additional information is available at QuestDiagnostics.com. Follow us at Facebook.com/QuestDiagnostics and Twitter.com/QuestDX.
About Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT Connectivity Solutions
With more than 1.2 million providers, 310,000 physicians in over 95,000 locations, the Care360® network can easily connect health systems to affiliated physicians in the community or across the country. With a wide range of capabilities including electronic health records, lab order management, clinical messaging, ePrescribing, clinical documentation tools, document management and multi-system interoperability, clinical decision support, and population health management reports, Care360 is web-based with the features that physicians want to access key patient information, anytime, anywhere via the iPhone®, iPad® and other mobile devices. As a demonstration of commitment to empowering better health care, in 2012 Quest Diagnostics donated $10.5 million in grants to help doctors become connected through the Care360 Electronic Health Record. For more information, visit www.Care360.com.
Quest Diagnostic Contacts:
Media: Davette Shorter, Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications and Care360 Products at 551-697-1463
SOURCE Quest Diagnostics