MAHWAH, N.J., March 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The all-new Range Rover Sport will make its global premiere in a ground breaking live drive through Manhattan, on March 26. Land Rover's fastest, most responsive and most agile vehicle to date will be revealed to audiences around the world on the eve of the 2013 New York Auto Show.
The drive will take place on the streets of New York City. More Range Rover Sports are sold in New York than any other metropolitan area in the world. The Range Rover Sport is also the best-selling Land Rover product in North America.
In a first for Land Rover, the event will be broadcast live to global audiences via a dedicated microsite – landroverusa.com/newrangeroversport. Those registering on the site will receive a personal invitation to watch the live reveal on March 26 as well as exclusive content and information.
The all-new Range Rover Sport is the latest addition to the new Range Rover family of vehicles and the third Range Rover model to be launched in two years. It follows the launch of the acclaimed 2012 Range Rover Evoque and the all-new 2013 Range Rover.
John Edwards, Land Rover Global Brand Director, said, "The all-new Range Rover Sport takes the model to another level. It is Land Rover's most dynamic vehicle yet and showcases the best of British design, engineering and technological innovation."
Full details of the all-new Range Rover Sport will be revealed on March 26 at 7:30 pm EDT.
Join the conversation on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/landroverusa or on Twitter via #NewRangeRoverSport.
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its' clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover product is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today's Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
Information about Land Rover North America products is available to consumers at www.landroverusa.com
Go to www.us.media.landrover.com or www.interactivelandrover.com for news releases, high-resolution photographs and broadcast quality video footage
SOURCE Land Rover