DUBAI, UAE, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Dubai World Trade Centre, Hall 1 - stand E1-10
- Satellite TV gathering pace at MENA's most popular video neighbourhood at 7°/8° West
- 7/8° West breaks the barrier of 1,000 channels. 50 already in HDTV
- Two newly launched Eutelsat satellites with first-class connectivity between the Middle East, Europe, Asia, Africa
- Four additional satellites to launch before end 2015 with superior reach of the Middle East and Africa
- KA-SAT unlocking new potential of its powerful all Ka-band platform for enterprises and the aeronautical market
With two thirds of its 30 satellites located between 8° West and 36° East, Eutelsat operates one of the most flexible and secure satellite systems to serve dynamic and enterprising digital markets in the Middle East and Africa.
At the annual CabSat Dubai exhibition and conference that assembles key players from broadcast, digital media and satellite sectors, Eutelsat will showcase its newest resources and solutions to support customers, broadcasters, service providers, telecom operators and government agencies as they grow their business across the region.
The 7/8 West video neighbourhood breaks the barrier of 1,000 channels. 50 in HDTV
(+ 28% over 12 months)
In this expanding satellite TV universe, the most popular video neighbourhoods in the MENA region have consolidated their positions as key points of reference for TV homes across the region:
- The 7°/8° West neighbourhood, serving major broadcasters, has further consolidated its popularity, crossing the milestone of 1,000 channels. Over 50 TV channels are already in High Definition. To respond to the increasing consumer interest in the
7°/8° West neighbourhood and to partner the acceleration of HDTV, Eutelsat will redeploy an existing high-power Ku-band satellite to 8° West by end 2013. This will expand resources in advance of the launch by end 2015 of EUTELSAT 8 West B, Eutelsat's most advanced satellite, embarking new functionalities to take performance and signal protection to new levels.
- Eutelsat's high-performance HOT BIRD satellites, home to the first Arabic private satellite TV channel in 1991, also continue to benefit from this dynamic with a strong line-up of channels in Arabic. Over 100 of the 1,100 channels broadcasting from the HOT BIRD satellites are in Arabic.
The most flexible and secure satellite system over Middle East and North Africa, with 20 satellites in operation
With 20 of its satellites connecting the Middle East and North Africa to the rest of the world, Eutelsat is uniquely placed to deliver exceptional levels of commercial flexibility across diverse markets ranging from broadcasting, telecoms, oil and gas to government communications.
This unique portfolio of resources includes C-band capacity connected to powerful continental footprints, and Ku-band capacity connected to high-power regional spotbeams optimised for broadcasting as well as for intercontinental connectivity. In the emerging Ka-band market, the powerful KA-SAT, designed for broadband services, offers innovative resources over North Africa and the Emirates.
EUTELSAT 70B and 21B, Eutelsat's two new innovative and flexible satellites will be highlighted in Dubai. Both are designed to provide ISPs, telecom and GSM operators, video companies and government service providers with regional coverage and connectivity between the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia and as far as Australia.
- Equipped with 40 transponders, EUTELSAT 21B has increased resources at the established 21° East position by 30% and opened a new service area over North-West Africa combined with interconnectivity with Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia.
- Unique of its kind, EUTELSAT 70B has been specially designed to optimise resources from a single orbital slot at the crossroads of Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Four powerful regional beams connected to 48 Ku-band transponders are located on a single platform, allowing customers to benefit from regional coverage or to interconnect continents. EUTELSAT 70B has more than doubled capacity at 70.5° East for data and government services, broadband access, GSM backhauling and professional video exchanges.
Four out of seven Eutelsat satellites to launch over the next three years to boost resources for Middle East and North Africa
Eutelsat's long-term roadmap is clear: to continue to invest in order to renew and increase capacity as well as raise security so customer can boost their business and open new paths of expansion. Within the next three years, four out of seven of new Eutelsat satellites will take resources for the Middle East and Africa to a new level. This includes in particular the EUTELSAT 3B satellite, to be launched in early 2014, which will strengthen and enhance coverage over MENA for data and professional video services in the Ku-band as well as bring first class C-band capacity with extensive reach over Europe, MENA, Africa and most of South America.
Satellite (calendar ) Frequency band
EUTELSAT 3D Q2 2013 Ku
EUTELSAT 25B* Q3 2013 Ku / Ka
EUTELSAT 3B H1 2014 Ku / Ka / C
EUTELSAT 8 West B H1 2015 Ku / C
* Partnership satellite with Qatar Satellite Company.
KA-SAT to unlock new potential of its powerful all Ka-band platform for enterprises and the aeronautical market
The KA-SAT High Throughput Satellite is changing the paradigm for satellite broadband by driving down the per megabit cost of connectivity. At CabSat Dubai, Eutelsat will continue to unlock the potential of this powerful all Ka-band platform with new products for professional markets.
This will include a new aeronautical mobile service called Eutelsat Air Access, designed to accelerate the deployment of passenger in-flight connectivity by commercial airlines operating within the extensive coverage of KA-SAT, with speeds up to 100 Mbps per airline. Eutelsat will also present a new IP VPN access, back-up and off-load security-enhanced solution, developed with OneAccess to deliver high-speed satellite connectivity to businesses with up to 20 Mbps downlink and 6 Mbps uplink.
Where to meet us at CabSat Dubai
- Eutelsat Stand: Hall 1 - E1-10
GVF Satellite MENA Summit - Meeting Room Hatta G&H (above Exhibition Hall 2)
- March 13 - 1pm - 2.15pm : Conference Global & Regional Satellite Operators and High-Capacity/HighThroughput Satellites, with Olivier Anstett, Deputy Director, Multimedia and Value Added Services Department, Eutelsat
About Eutelsat Communications (http://www.eutelsat.com)
Eutelsat Communications is the holding company of Eutelsat S.A. With capacity commercialised on 30 satellites delivering reach of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, significant parts of the Americas and the Asia-Pacific, Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL, ISIN code: FR0010221234) is one of the world's leading satellite operators. As of 31 December 2012 Eutelsat's satellites were broadcasting almost 4,500 television channels to over 200 million cable and satellite homes in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The Group's satellites also provide a wide range of services for TV contribution, corporate networks and fixed and mobile broadband markets. Headquartered in Paris, Eutelsat and its subsidiaries employ over 780 commercial, technical and operational professionals from 30 countries.
SOURCE Eutelsat Communications