LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NAB SHOW BOOTH # SU7102 -- ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, today announced that Turner Broadcasting has used ATEME's Kyrion CM5000 encoder in its dual channel version for remote production. Dedicated to broadcast contribution, the KyrionTM CM5000 offers Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) operators the latest in encoding technology with unrivaled video quality and reliability.
The Kyrion CM5000 represents a major advancement in the ATEME Contribution offering. The complete modularity of this new hardware encoder allows operators to address all uses cases of IP and Satellite Contribution within a unique platform: single or dual channel, built-in modulation or not and support for all MPEG-2/MPEG-4 video compression standards and profiles. Based on ATEME's unique FPGA design, the Kyrion CM5000 is fully upgradeable and future proof; allowing broadcasters, satellite up-links, service operators and DSNG professionals to benefit from the state-of-art in video compression technology.
- ATEME is innovating again by supporting up to two channels of encoding at the highest quality level in its new CM5000 encoder.
- Each of the two independent video channels supports up to 1080P60 resolution and frame rate and up to MPEG-4 4:2:2 10-bit encoding format – with up to 110 Mbps bitrate on each channel. With Kyrion encoders, this is a level of quality where compression is "visually lossless."
- The CM5000 is used by Turner to reduce the size of flight cases that its team takes to the field for the production of multi-camera events.
- Turner used the CM5000 dual channel encoder at a recent Hollywood film and television awards ceremony, providing production crews with the technology to simultaneously transmit the feeds of cameras pointing to the red carpet and those used for interviews.
- Production, including switching between two cameras, was done remotely in the Turner Broadcasting facilities.
ATEME is a world leading provider of HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.