LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest SuperWorkstation, SuperServer® and SuperStorage platforms at the NAB Show® this week in Las Vegas, Nevada. With computing and data management demands exploding behind the scenes of broadcast media, content creation, management and distribution are key areas where Supermicro's solutions have a major impact. At the show, Supermicro will showcase a variety of high performance computing and storage solutions addressing end-to-end processes within the digital production workflow. The centerpiece of the show is Supermicro's new high capacity Double-Sided Storage® server (SSG-6047R-E1R72L) featuring 72x 3.5" hot-swappable HDDs, supporting up to 288TB in 4U. With 10GB/sec throughput, this mass storage server has the enormous capacity and bandwidth to support extreme levels of concurrent streaming and other high storage bandwidth dependent applications. Show highlights also include Supermicro's flexible, high performance, power saving 4U FatTwin architecture in a 4-node 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDD per U configuration for distribution along with a range of high performance GPU workstations, servers and a 12x GPU FatTwin VDI configuration for content development. Specialized embedded solutions for distribution and digital signage applications will also be on display at the show.
"Supermicro focuses on maximizing performance, density and power savings across our computing and storage product lines," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "For example, our new 72 HDD Double-Sided Storage server is unrivaled in density and the throughput performance of 10GB/sec enabling broadcasters to deliver content using the latest high resolution formats. Our FatTwin platform provides the highest computing and efficiency in 4U and with its optimized cooling and power saving architecture can save IT operations up to $500 per node over 4 years. When scaled out to serve HD and UHD digital content over thousands of channels, performance, density and power savings become crucial business considerations for broadcast IT operations."
High Performance Digital Content Creation
- FatTwin GPU (F627G3-FT+) supporting 4x nodes, with each supporting dual processors and 3x GPUs for a total of 12x GPUs in 4U. Highly optimized for VDI, render farms or transcoding applications with support for NVIDIA® Grid, GPUs and Intel® Xeon Phi coprocessors
- SuperWorkstations with server-grade design for 24x7 operation featuring NVIDIA® 2nd Generation Maximus certification in entry level, single processor system (SYS-5037A-i) and dual processor systems (SYS-7047GR-TRF, SYS-7037A-i) that provide highest performance for real-time 3D design, rendering and simulation in standalone systems.
High Capacity, Low Latency Data Storage Delivering up to 10GB/s per Node
- 4U high density Double-Sided Storage® system (SSG-6047R-E1R72L) with 72x 3.5" hot-swappable HDDs, supporting up to 288TB and 10GB/s throughput, ideal for high concurrency media streaming
- 2U SuperStorage scale-out storage cluster (SSG-6027R-E1R12N) designed for large scale content delivery networks
- 4U Double-Sided Storage® JBOD chassis (CSE-847E16-RJBOD1) featuring up to 45x hot-swap 3.5" HDDs for cost-effective, post production storage applications
CDN Broadcast Streaming and Distribution
- FatTwin (SYS-F627R3-R72B+) 4-nodes each supporting up to 8x hot-swap 3.5" HDDs, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 series processors and PCI-E I/O expansion targeted for content management and distribution servers with optimized cooling subsystems, redundant high efficiency power supplies and Battery Backup Power (BBP®) module options for enterprise class reliability and high availability
- 1U 3x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-1027GR-TRF) for faster-than-real-time transcoding of media to delivery formats
- Embedded server solutions in power and space saving 1U rackmount (SYS-5017A-EF) for scalable web hosting
- Extreme I/O 3U SuperServer® (SYS-6047R-TXRF) with the world's only 11x PCI-E expansion solution for high-bandwidth streaming as well as multi-stream content acquisition
- Compact, low power BOX PC (SYS-1017A-MP) for digital signage
Visit Supermicro at the National Association of Broadcasters show April 8th through the 11th at the Las Vegas Convention Center's South Lower Hall, Booth SL14510 or browse Supermicro's total line of high performance, high-efficiency server and storage solutions at www.supermicro.com.
For more information on Supermicro's FatTwin and its power saving architecture visit www.supermicro.com/FatTwin.
Follow Supermicro on Facebook and Twitter to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, FatTwin, SuperServer, Double-Sided Storage, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.