WASHINGTON, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the trade association of the global electronic payments industry, today opens the 2013 ETA Annual Meeting & Expo in New Orleans, welcoming a record number of exhibitors and attendees at the industry's largest trade show. ETA also announced the winners of the 2013 ETA Star Awards, which recognize achievements in and contributions to the industry.
ETA's 2013 Annual Meeting & Expo features more than 200 exhibitors across 150,000 square feet of floor space at the state-of-the-art Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in the heart of New Orleans. More than 3,000 CEOs, investors, payment professionals and members of the media representing the entire electronic payments ecosystem are gathered to conduct business, strategize, unveil new products and network.
"The 2013 ETA Annual Meeting & Expo opens as the largest in ETA's history, and is now clearly the best place to do business in the electronic transactions industry," said Jason Oxman, CEO of ETA. "The caliber and scope of exhibitors highlights the rapid pace of innovation in our industry and the unique role that ETA plays. We're proud to be at the center of this growth."
ETA also announced the winners of its 2013 ETA Star Awards, which recognize and showcase individuals and companies that have made a significant difference in the payments industry, whether through innovation, business practices or contributions to the association. Winners include:
- Distinguished Payments Professional: Diane Offereins, executive vice president, payment services, Discover Financial
- Committee of the Year: Mobile Payments
- Committee Volunteer of the Year: Curt Hensley, founder and CEO, Impact Payments Recruiting
- Member of the Year: Deana Rich, founder and president, Rich Consulting
- Business Partner of the Year: Discover Financial
- ISO of the Year: Priority Payment Systems
- Technology Innovation Award: ShopKeep POS
Pre-conference highlights include:
- Mobile Payment Innovations 2013 – An all-day conference April 30 full of actionable business information from speakers representing a cross-section of players within the mobile payments ecosystem. Presented in partnership with Strategic Solutions Network, the creators of the industry-renowned Mobile Contactless Payment Innovations series of events.
- Electronic Transactions Association University (ETAU) – A series of live, instructor-led, interactive classes that address key facets of the industry that are necessary for expanding attendees' knowledge and expertise.
- ETA's Government Panel – A discussion with the most influential professionals working on payments issues in the U.S. government. Speakers include top officials in both the executive and legislative branches of government, including officials from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and Federal Trade Commission.
Key conference highlights include:
- Keynote Addresses – David Nelms, CEO of Discover Financial Services and Michael Abbott, CEO of ISIS Mobile Commerce.
- Educational Supersessions – Throughout the annual meeting, education sessions will focus on the most pressing issues for the industry. Sessions include "To Aggregate, or Not to Aggregate," "The New Payments Paradigm: How Payment Start-Ups Will Change Our Industry," "Who Do You Think You Are? The Value of Brand Equity to Your Business," "NFC vs. Cloud: The Best Method to Engage Customers and Increase Sales," and many more.
- Exhibit Hall – The exhibit hall features more than 200 exhibitors across 150,000 square feet at the state-of-the-art Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in the heart of New Orleans. A significant expansion of ETA's 2013 Annual Meeting & Expo – including the brand-new Mobile Pay Zone and the brand-new Payments Next Zone – established the ETA show as the hub of activity in the electronic transactions industry.
- ETA Executive Luncheon – A private lunch meeting with ETA CEO Jason Oxman will include the release of the latest Economic Indicator Report and all-new Mobile Payments Committee consumer resource tips.
For more information about ETA's 2013 Annual Meeting & Expo or to register, visit http://www.electran.org/am13. For media inquiries, contact Bradford Williamson at 703-398-1137, or Williamson@pinkstongroup.com.
The Electronic Transactions Association is an international trade association representing more than 500 companies that offer electronic transaction processing products and services. ETA's mission is to advance the payments industry profession by providing leadership through education, advocacy and the exchange of information.
SOURCE Electronic Transactions Association