LAS VEGAS, May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, today announced that Cavium and its PACE (Partnership to Accelerate Customer End-solutions) partners will demonstrate innovative silicon and software solutions based on its OCTEON®, OCTEON Fusion®, NITROX®, NEURON Search processors and Intelligent Network and Security Adapters for the secure virtualized Enterprise and Cloud. Live demonstrations will take place in Cavium's booth #2251 at INTEROP in Las Vegas from May 7th – 9th 2013.
Cavium processors are being increasingly used in a wide range of products and applications for the Enterprise, Data Center, Service Provider and Cloud.
Cavium's OCTEON processors are used in routers, switches, unified threat management (UTM) appliances, wireless LAN controllers and access points, storage switches, triple-play broadband gateways, intelligent network adaptors, 3G, 4G, WiMAX, and LTE wireless small cells, base stations and gateways.
Cavium's OCTEON Fusion processors deliver breakthrough capacity and throughput for LTE small cell base stations through an innovative architecture that combines a high performance multi-core architecture with purpose-built Baseband DSP cores, extensive LTE hardware accelerators and digital front end in a single chip.
Cavium TurboDPI software will allow OEMs to quickly deploy advanced deep packet inspection for network- and cloud-based services that require high performance processing of the ever growing volume of enterprise traffic.
Cavium's NEURON Search processors provide high-performance and low-power L2-L4 network search for next generation service provider, enterprise network equipment and Software Defined Networking.
Cavium's NITROX Security Processors provide solutions with up to 200K RSA ops/sec, 40Gbps of encryption bandwidth, features such as SRIOV, high PCIe bandwidth while delivering unprecedented performance in wired and wireless network security applications and SSL based secure e-Business.
Cavium's Intelligent Network and Security Adapters provide best in class offload solutions enabling quick time to market with top of the line features such as 10 - 40Gbps TOE, SDN, and up to 60Gbps of Crypto offload.
Cavium and PACE partners will feature the following products at INTEROP in booth #2251:
- Experts will be on-hand to discuss Cavium's state-of-the art OCTEON III family of 1 – 48 core multi-core processors that deliver over 100Gbps of application performance per chip, and allow for linear scaling across multiple chips in a fully coherent fashion. The 2.5GHz OCTEON III processors provide the most compute power of any standards-based communications processor chip, at an unmatched 120GHz of 64-bit compute processing per chip.
- Experts will also be on-hand to update key customers and partners on Cavium's Project Thunder, a family of highly integrated, multi-core SoC processors that will incorporate highly optimized, full custom cores built from the ground up based on 64-bit ARMv8 Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) into an innovative system-on-chip (SoC) that will redefine features, performance, power and cost metrics for the next-generation cloud and data-center markets.
- Live demo of Cavium's OCTEON II CN68XX 32-core processor platform (winner of The Linley Group "Best Embedded Processor" Award), running TurboDPI Deep Packet Inspection and Qosmos ixEngine application software suites.
- Live demo of Cavium's production-ready LTE small cell eNodeB design incorporating the OCTEON Fusion baseband processor and the FusionStack, Cavium's LTE integrated L1 – L3 software, which has been deployed in several commercial networks.
- Live demo of NEURON Search Processor with Cavium's market–leading OCTEON II CN68XX MIPS processor to showcase high performance, high capacity search processing for next generation networks.
- Live demo of Cavium's Software Defined Networking solutions featuring SDN NICs capable of processing 10Gbps OVS/Tunnel (VXLAN etc.) traffic.
- Latest NITROX III Adapters capable of 800K RSA ops/sec and up to 60Gbps of encryption bandwidth.
- Cavium's PACE partners will also be showing extensive software and hardware solutions which take advantage of Cavium processors. Featured products on display include solutions from: Advantech, Embedded Planet, Inforce Computing, Kontron, PLUMgrid, Inc., Qosmos, and Symmetricom®.
To schedule a meeting contact your local Cavium account management or Lilly Ly @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter INTEROP 2013 MEETING REQUEST in the subject line.
About Cavium, Inc.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions and current expectations. Our actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include but are not limited to Cavium's ability to design, develop, manufacture, assemble and test its products and technologies; Cavium's ability to forecast market demand, future technological developments and implementation factors for its products; Cavium's ability to penetrate new product markets; competition in performance, price and other product factors in Cavium's current and future product markets; whether Cavium is successful in marketing its products; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Cavium's business are set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of our Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 28, 2013. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, and we assume no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.