MINNEAPOLIS, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA, the industry leader in hotel- and guest-centric display solutions, is unveiling two new series of commercial-grade LED TVs featuring the latest Pro:Centric® platform, designed to deliver an enhanced, interactive guest-room experience.
New models in the premium LP870H Pro:Centric Smart IPTV series are ultra-slim edge-lit LED TVs, while LP645H Pro:Centric Direct LED TV models are designed for value-minded properties. Both series include Full HD display capabilities, interactive services support and LG EcoSmart technology.
Expanding one of the widest ranges of displays already offered to the hospitality market, LG will demonstrate the new models here this week at the 2013 Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition & Conference (HITEC: Booth 517), along with leading-edge digital signage solutions optimized for the hospitality industry.
"These two new series build on the success of the Pro:Centric platform and exemplify LG's commitment to providing hospitality companies and property operators more choice in determining the type of technology they want to use," said Richard Lewis, senior vice president, research and technology for LG's U.S. R&D subsidiary, Zenith. "Under the stunning aesthetics of the 870H series lies the most advanced platform we've introduced to date and the 645H series delivers a more cost-effective Pro:Centric LED option for the first time."
Maximizing the Guest Experience
LG's flagship LP870H series is built around the enhanced Pro:Centric platform with support for Java, Flash and HTML software to deliver one of the widest ranges of partner interactive applications available in the hospitality market. Through an advanced platform design, the LP870H series provides uniform services and functionality across both RF (radio frequency) and IP (Internet protocol) networks, enabling the TV to operate in both network types, while allowing integration of the set top box client to avoid additional hardware costs associated with traditional two-piece solutions.
The 870H is designed for second-screen support, and options include Wi-Di and Wi-Fi Direct, as well as Miracast, to allow system integrators to enable guests to use their mobile devices to share and view their content on the TV.
Economical with LG EcoSmart
The LP645H is LG's first series of Direct LED TVs featuring the RF-based Pro:Centric platform with support for Java and Flash based applications. Direct-lit LED TV delivers the advantages of an LED display with improved contrast ratio and picture brightness along with lower power consumption in a more economical package.
LP645H series TVs support embedded b-LAN for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability, integrated LG Pro:Idiom® digital rights management and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of premium HD channels. As an added bonus, guests have the ability to view their own content stored on portable devices on the TV thanks to the plug-and-play function with compatible Remote Jack Packs.
Hoteliers can also take advantage of LG's Free Electronic Program Guide data service available with all Pro:Centric televisions, so that guests are able to locate and enjoy available TV entertainment with a channel selection guide application, just like they do at home. Leveraging Pro:Centric capabilities, the LP645H series also supports LG's Pro:Centric applications that enable hotels to easily communicate up-to-the-minute information via electronic billboards on property amenities, weather forecasts and local attractions.
Both new series are ENERGY STAR® certified and incorporate LG's EcoSmart features, which allows for multiple manual and automatic options for energy conservation, providing an ideal solution for corporate and lodging environments looking to save on energy costs. LG EcoSmart includes Dynamic Power Savings, which reduces power consumption and optimizes picture settings, Static Power Savings that allows the installer to set the preferred power consumption level, and Intelligent Sensor for integrators to program the display to respond to the ambient light in the room and automatically reduce brightness and energy output under most circumstances.
The Pro:Centric Advantage
Pro:Centric technology, a standards-based applications platform designed to enable hotels to easily communicate up-to-the-minute information, introduces new ways for hotels to communicate with guests. Hoteliers can now customize the entire in-room experience providing guests with an Interactive Electronic Program Guide with advanced channel search and selection capabilities. Guests can also book room service, spa services and golf course schedules at the touch of the remote.
"As technology evolves and new applications emerge, greater emphasis and importance is being placed on effectively delivering content to customers and guests in a way that mirrors the way they enjoy content at home," said Lewis. "With Pro:Centric-enabled LED TVs, LG continues to advance its offerings available to meet the ever evolving needs of the business owners and their guests."
With built-in b-LAN, as well as all other FTG system providers, Pro:Centric-enabled TVs with Pro:Idiom, the digital rights management system that assures the availability of high-value HD content in hospitality settings, eliminate the need for an added card to provide this function.
More LG Solutions at HITEC
At HITEC, LG is also exhibiting a number of other cutting-edge display and signage solutions for the hospitality market, including:
- LG's LT777H LED TV series is an outstanding combination of Java, Flash and HTML compatibility with IP video decoding, built-in Wi-Fi and dual RF tuners – resulting in a powerful, feature-rich IPTV platform.
- The LT777H supports a range of Smart TV applications including Google Maps, Twitter, Facebook and Accuweather coupled with a full Internet browser making it ideal for delivering these types of applications within an IP environment.
- The LT777H Pro:Centric model also supports embedded b-LAN for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability, integrated LG Pro:Idiom® digital rights management and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of premium HD channels.
- LG's 84-inch class (84.0 inch diagonal) commercial-grade Ultra HD Signage Display boasts a pixel resolution of 3840 x 2160, four times higher than Full HD displays*, offering the sharpest picture available on a large-screen display.
- LG's In Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology helps ensure accurate color saturation and contrast at wide-angle viewing (both horizontal and vertical).
- The Ultra HD 2160p display has a bezel width of just 27.9mm at its thinnest point and may be mounted in portrait or landscape mode. LG's unique display technology also provides a temperature tolerance of up to 230 degrees Fahrenheit (110 degrees Celsius), which helps alleviate a common problem of screens overheating, affecting picture quality.
- LG's 55LN549E EzSign TV expands the innovative technology that made the original EzSign great with the powerful display technology LED lighting offers.
- EzSign offers customizable signage content running simultaneously with live TV or another external media source, attracting attention while delivering messaging to consumers, while LED lighting improves the image quality and energy efficiency of the ENERGY STAR® qualified model.
- Perfect for hotel lobbies, retail environments and video walls, the backlit 55WV70MD offers a Full HD 1080p picture and can be configured in video walls up to 15 x 15 tiles.
- This 55-inch class (54.6-inch diagonal) monitor has an ultra narrow bezel of only 3.4mm (left/top) and 1.9mm (right/bottom), and functions in both portrait and landscape mode. It also incorporates an IPS panel, 800nit brightness, Local Dimming technology, Shine Out technology, and LG's CINEMA 3D technology.
For more information on these LED TVs and display monitors, as well as the full line of hospitality solutions showcased at HITEC this week, please visit: www.lgsolutions.com.
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business division serves customers in the U.S. digital signage, systems integration, lodging and hospitality, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business delivers business-to-business technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
*No "ultra definition" or "4K" video content is currently available. May not be compatible with all UHD broadcast standards if and when developed.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA