SAN FRANCISCO, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Future US, a leading digital media and content marketing group, and Skybound, Robert Kirkman's imprint at Image Comics, announced today they are partnering once again at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with a host of experiential activations around The Walking Dead universe. The partnership celebrates a decade of Robert Kirkman's groundbreaking Eisner Award-winning comic book series and best-selling graphic novels. This year's campaign applauds the wild popularity and longevity of The Walking Dead comic series.
The Future US booth will kick off July 17, 2013 at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 with the debut of the Veloster Zombie Survival Machine, a custom 2013 Hyundai Veloster built by renowned car fabrication shop, Galpin Auto Sports.
WalkingDeadChopShop.com, a unique configurator app, will allow fans to design their own custom digital zombie survival machine on the show floor. The submitted designs will be entered into a contest and the winning design will be constructed and unveiled at New York Comic-Con in October 2013.
"I had so much fun designing last year's Zombie Survival Machine that I wanted to invite fans of The Walking Dead to share that experience and see their vision come to life at this year's San Diego Comic-Con," said Kirkman. "It's hard to believe the growth and expansion The Walking Dead has undergone since I began writing the comic ten years ago. This entire event is a thank you to fans of The Walking Dead universe."
In addition, the booth will feature TellTale's The Walking Dead video game, zombie costume contests, celebrity appearances, a zombie makeup station, and social media contests.
"It has been amazing to see the reception for Robert Kirkman's vision brought to life at last year's Comic-Con, and we're very excited to expand on that experience for 2013," said Rachelle Considine, president, Future US. "With exclusive videos, contests and surprises, The Walking Dead experience will live far beyond Comic-Con."
About Robert Kirkman
Robert Kirkman's success and passionate advocacy for creator-owned comics led him to become the first person invited to become a partner at Image Comics since the company's inception twenty-one years ago. Kirkman is the creator/writer of the Eisner Award-winning The Walking Dead, long-running Invincible, all-ages Super Dinosaur and Thief of Thieves. In 2010, Kirkman formed his own Image imprint, Skybound, which publishes his own work and Witch Doctor, Invincible Universe and Clone. Kirkman has earned the respect of the comic, writing and television communities and topped the New York Times bestseller list for graphic novels in 2011 and 2012. In April 2012, he took the top five spots on both the hardcover and paperback lists. He's the creator/executive producer and writer of the hit Emmy®-winning television show, AMC's The Walking Dead, the highest-rated basic cable drama of all time in the U.S, also an international success in 122 countries and 37 languages. Your destinations for all news and merchandise from Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead and all Skybound titles are www.Skybound.com and www.TheWalkingDead.com
Skybound is the home of Robert Kirkman's creator-owned work including his Eisner Award-winning comic book series, The Walking Dead, long-running Invincible, all-ages Super Dinosaur, Thief of Thieves and Clone as well as Witch Doctor and Invincible Universe. Since its inception, Skybound has created television shows, merchandise and a wide spectrum of platforms, games (The Walking Dead: Assault iOS app), and entertainment events (The Walking Dead Escape). Skybound's successes include the comic behind the hit Emmy®-winning television show, AMC's The Walking Dead, the highest-rated basic cable drama of all time in the U.S, also an international success in 122 countries and 37 languages. Skybound/Kirkman frequently top the hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. Your destinations for all news and merchandise from Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead and all Skybound titles are www.Skybound.com and www.TheWalkingDead.com
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- It has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- It holds market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future attracts 50 million monthly global unique users to its websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that's 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple's Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
For Future US:
Karina Tang St.Jean/Jason Magner
Rogers & Cowan
(212) 878-5108/ (310) 854-8128
SOURCE Future US