ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EchoStar Corp. (NASDAQ: SATS), a premier global provider of satellite operations and video-delivery solutions, today announced that five products it engineered are finalists in this year's Cable & Satellite International (CSI) Awards. The CSI Awards is a technology competition that recognizes and rewards technological innovation in the cable, satellite, broadcast, IPTV, telco, internet/online/OTT video, mobile TV and associated sectors. Winners will be announced at the annual IBC convention in Amsterdam on Friday, September 13, 2013.
A panel of esteemed engineers and analysts have shortlisted the following EchoStar products:
- Best Customer Premise Technology: Hopper® Whole-Home DVR
- The Hopper DVR provides recording functionality for a primary TV while the Joey client boxes can extend the DVR capabilities to an additional three TVs in a consumer household.
- Best Satellite Contribution/Distribution/Transmission Solution: PrimeTime Anytime® Feature
- Enables consumers to easily record the primetime line-up on up to each of the four broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox) each night and save the recording for up to eight days.
- Best Content-On-Demand Solution: DISH Anywhere app
- Powered by Sling® place-shifting technology, this app enables customers to view live-TV, DVR recordings and on-demand content on smartphones and tablets.
- Best Mobile TV Technology or Service: Hopper Transfers app
- Enables customers to move recorded television programs from the DVR to an iPad for viewing at times when an Internet connection is not available.
- Best Social TV Technology, Service or Application: DISH Explorer app
- Allows viewers to tune to their favorite TV shows with their iPad and, while viewing, interact with other fans via social media, such as Twitter and Facebook.
"To have five products nominated is a testament both to our engineers and to our wide-ranging capabilities for operator solutions," said Mark Jackson, president of EchoStar Technologies L.L.C., the company's video and broadcast arm. "U.S. consumers, who have access to these products through our sister company, DISH, have made the technologies a runaway hit and we couldn't be more pleased. To be recognized by CSI in one of the most competitive award programs in the world, alongside many other great technology companies, is a high honor."
To learn more about the nominated products, visit EchoStar at IBC, September 13-17, Hall 1, Stand F76, or visit www.EchoStar.com/IBC.
About EchoStar Corporation
EchoStar Corp. (NASDAQ: SATS) is a leading global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. Over the last three decades EchoStar's contribution to video technology has been a major influencer in the way consumers view, receive and manage their TV programming.
EchoStar's consumer solutions include HughesNet®, North America's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service, Sling Media's Slingbox® products, and EchoStar's line of advanced digital video set-top box products for the international free satellite and terrestrial viewer markets. For more information, please visit www.EchoStar.com
SOURCE EchoStar Corp.