“UNDER THE DOME,” THE #1 MOST-WATCHED U.S. SUMMER SERIES,
CONTINUES TO BE A WORLDWIDE RATINGS SUCCESS
STARS DEAN NORRIS AND RACHELLE LEFEVRE
HEAD TO MIPCOM 2013
October 4, 2013—UNDER THE DOME, the most-watched U.S. television series of the summer, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television and based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel, continues to deliver impressive ratings in territories around the world. In celebration of the show’s global success, stars Dean Norris (James “Big Jim” Rennie) and Rachelle Lefevre (Julia Shumway) will be attending next week’s MIPCOM 2013 to meet with international press, broadcasters and fans.
In the U.S., UNDER THE DOME averaged 16.16 million viewers per week across live television, DVR playback, VOD and online streaming, and was the most-watched summer series on U.S. television since 2005.
UNDER THE DOME has also been a success around the world with impressive ratings in some of the top territories.
• In Australia, UNDER THE DOME is the highest-rated U.S. drama this year on Network Ten across key demos, total persons and persons 25-54.
• In Canada, UNDER THE DOME on Global has been the #1 series on Canadian television since its debut.
• In Spain, UNDER THE DOME had the best international series premiere in Antena3 channel’s history and the best international series debut on Spanish free TV in three years. So far this year, it is the #1 U.S. series YTD, and #2 overall series YTD in Spain.
• In the United Kingdom, UNDER THE DOME has been the #1 series on Channel 5 since its debut.
• In Germany, on ProSieben, the premiere of UNDER THE DOME is the most successful U.S. premiere to date for the channel. Since its launch, it is the #1 U.S. series on Pro7, the #2 overall series on the channel and the #3 U.S. series in the market.
• In Austria, UNDER THE DOME was the most-watched U.S. series debut on ORF eins since 2007.
• In New Zealand, the premiere of UNDER THE DOME on Prime ranks as the channel’s fourth-highest-rated program of the year.
• In Italy, UNDER THE DOME has ranked as a top 5 U.S. series Rai2 since its debut.
“UNDER THE DOME has provided U.S. and global audiences with high-quality event television,” says Armando Nuñez, President and CEO of the CBS Global Distribution Group. “And next year is going to be even bigger. Not only will there be a second season of UNDER THE DOME, but we are excited to be working with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television on the next highly anticipated drama, EXTANT.”
UNDER THE DOME is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television. Steven Spielberg, Stephen King, Brian K. Vaughan, Neal Baer, Stacey Snider, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank and Jack Bender serve as executive producers.
About CBS Studios International
CBS Studios International is the leading supplier of programming to the international television marketplace, licensing to more than 200 markets in more than 30 languages across multiple media platforms. The Studio participates in international channel ventures, currently comprised of 22 channels in 22 languages across 90 territories, reaching more than 100 million international households. CBS Studios International also exports a diverse lineup of formats for local production around the world. The division distributes content from CBS Television Studios, CBS Television Distribution, Showtime, CBS News, CBS Films and a library of more than 70,000 hours of programming. CBS Studios International is a division of CBS Corporation.
For more information, please contact:
CBS Studios International