BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vimeo®, an operating business of IAC [NASDAQ: IACI], today announced the availability of its second-generation Apple iOS app, which includes native support for iPhone and iPad.
"We've seen mobile traffic triple since we launched our original iPhone app in early 2011," said Joseph Schmitt, lead mobile developer at Vimeo. "Now, we've taken what we learned while creating our previous apps and applied it to the updated iOS to improve overall design and usability. We're especially pleased with the awesome iPad user interface, which the Vimeo community has eagerly awaited."
Available today, the new Vimeo Apple iOS app delivers a discovery-focused experience. Users can browse while playing videos, just like on the Vimeo site. Vimeo members can "like" videos; access their Feed, Watch Later queue, and previously liked videos; comment on videos; add videos to their Watch Later queue; and browse and watch all the videos on Vimeo. In addition, the app features a built-in video editor that enables users to create and upload videos on the go. The editor also integrates the Vimeo Music Store, making it easy to add a soundtrack to a video.
The Vimeo iOS app is available for download free from the iTunes App Store and is compatible with iPhone 3GS and above, iPad, iPod Touch, and iOS4.3 and above.
Vimeo Apple iOS App Features:
- Free to download from the iTunes App Store
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS and above, iPad, iPod Touch, and iOS4.3 and above
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- Watch videos from your Feed, Watch Later queue, or previously liked videos
- Easily "like" videos, comment on videos, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and interesting videos curated by Vimeo Staff
- Easily upload your raw footage or edited videos in HD or SD
- Use the built-in editor to edit your footage on the go and add music from the Vimeo Music Store
- Pause/resume uploads and receive reminders when an upload is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, email, and/or SMS
- Add videos to Groups, Channels, and Albums
- Access stats on plays, likes, and comments
About Vimeo, LLC
Leading video sharing site Vimeo® provides the easiest way for people to host and share their videos in high quality. The site provides great privacy features and inspiring videos from a vibrant, respectful community of creative users who care about how and where they show their work. Launched in 2004 and headquartered in New York, NY, Vimeo offers users a video sharing experience that is both entertaining and easy to use. Vimeo, LLC is a subsidiary of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).