BARCELONA, Spain and SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- (Mobile World Congress Booth: # 2B115) (RSA Booth: # 2533) -- VSS Monitoring, the world leader in Network Intelligence Optimization, today introduced its Network Management System (NMS), a key component of the optimization fabric designed to integrate the entire universe of network intelligence tools (performance, acceleration, security tools; both passive and active) with all the access points into the network (physical, Cloud, virtual, and varying speeds and media) to ensure that network operations are optimized for costs and performance, safer and more flexible. The VSS architecture, through use of its innovative Interconnection protocol vStack+, provides customers with practically unlimited scalability. With the VSS NMS, the entire portfolio of VSS intelligent devices will be connected and managed through a centralized point.
The VSS NMS connects all devices on the network used for aggregation, filtering, load balancing as well as other network optimization functionalities. Accessing the entire network or subset of networks through one device simplifies network upgrades. NMS enables visibility across all monitored network traffic across the entire VSS portfolio of Network Intelligence Optimization systems, including the Distributed Series, Protector Series, Finder Series and TAP (Test Access Point) Series.
- Manages all the VSS platforms as if they are one, creating a single, cohesive network intelligence optimization fabric
- Easy to use drag and drop configuration and filter mapping
- Collects analytics, including all statistics and metrics for viewing trends
- Provides complete Microburst visibility and protection across the entire network topology
- Single point of access to topological view of the entire network intelligence optimization system
- Systems-based approach provides easy command and control for intelligently redirecting captured traffic to different tools using Layer 2 through Layer 7 filtering
- Simultaneous software updates and configuration uploads to multiple VSS network intelligence optimization platforms
- Available as software and as a characterized appliance
- Olga Yashkova, research analyst, Frost & Sullivan, said: "IT operators facing the growing challenges of network evolution are demanding solutions that are future-proof, efficient and adhere to increasingly tight operating budgets. Organizations that employ network monitoring and comprehensive management can achieve higher service availability, lower labor costs for network analysis, lower analysis costs overall, and greater subscriber and revenue protection."
- Martin Breslin, CEO of VSS Monitoring, said: "As network traffic becomes mobile and transitions to the cloud, IT operators need complete access and visibility over the network infrastructure. With the unique VSS NMS solution, network operators achieve higher service availability, lower labor costs for network analysis, lower analysis costs overall and greater subscriber and revenue security."
- Rob Markovich, vice president of worldwide sales and marketing, VSS Monitoring, said: "Customers increasingly turn to VSS to implement this optimization fabric so that their growing types and number of tools can cost effectively access the network across physical and virtual boundaries. NMS enables our customers to manage this fabric in a cohesive way from a single pane of glass."
About VSS Monitoring:
VSS Monitoring is the world leader in Network Intelligence Optimization, providing a visionary, systems approach for optimizing and scaling the connectivity between network switching and the network intelligence universe of analytics, security, and acceleration tools. VSS network intelligence optimization systems improve tool usage, simplify operations, increase efficiencies and greatly enhance ROI. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. For more information, visit www.vssmonitoring.com.
VSS and Protector Series are trademarks or registered trademarks of VSS Monitoring, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE VSS Monitoring