SHANGHAI, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The GSMA today announced the Chinese government officials and mobile industry leaders who will be participating in the Opening Ceremony of the GSMA Mobile Asia Expo on Wednesday, 20 June at 9:00 am. The dignitaries and industry executives who will officially launch the inaugural Mobile Asia Expo include:
- Franco Bernabe, Chairman, GSMA and Chairman and CEO, Telecom Italia Group
- Zhang Xiaoqiang, Vice Chairman, National Development and Reform Commission
- Wang Zhixue, Vice Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology
- Liu Lihua, Vice Minister, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
- Yang Xiong, Executive Vice Mayor, Shanghai City
- Xi Guohua, Chairman, China Mobile
- Lu Yimin, President, China Unicom
- Jiang Liang, District Mayor, Pudong New Area
- Anne Bouverot, Director General, GSMA
Mobile Asia Expo will be held 20-22 June at the Shanghai New International Exhibition Centre (SNIEC) in Shanghai. The three-day event will include a thought leadership conference programme featuring visionary keynote presentations and focused track sessions exploring mobile industry trends; an international mobile business and lifestyle expo with more than 200 exhibiting companies; the App Planet developer programme; the Deal Hub, which connects solutions providers with buyers; the GSMA Public Policy Forum; sponsor-led educational sessions including the MNO Cloud Forum and the mPowered Brands Open Forum; partner events such as the GTI Asia Conference; and many other meetings, events and networking opportunities.
China Mobile is the Platinum Event Sponsor for Mobile Asia Expo. For more information on Mobile Asia Expo 2012, including details on how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, please visit www.mobileasiaexpo.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning more than 220 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators, as well as more than 200 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies, and media and entertainment organisations. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as the Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Expo.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com or Mobile World Live, the online portal for the mobile communications industry, at www.mobileworldlive.com.