TOYOTA, Japan, June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) will screen "PES: Peace Eco Smile", an animated work produced in collaboration with Studio4C, a leading Japanese animation studio, at the Anime Expo 2012 to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California, United States. The expo is scheduled to run from June 29 through July 2.
(Photo: http://prw.kyodonews.jp/opn/release/201206225225/ )
PES is a story about Pes, an extraterrestrial who comes to discover the value of Earth and its cars through his unique alien perspective. A preview of PES was shown at the Tokyo International Anime Fair held in March 2012, and now the main feature will be screened at the Anime Expo 2012. (http://www.toytoyota.com/pes/en/).
PES episodes will also be available for viewing on a special PES page on TMC's website from June 23. TMC also plans to conduct a variety of programs including screening events in Tokyo and exhibitions at other events in Japan.
Overview of the Toyota and Studio4C Exhibit at Anime Expo 2012 in Los Angeles
- Dates: June 29 through July 2
- Organizer: Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation
- Description: Anime Expo 2012, the largest anime event in the U.S. will be held from June 29 to July 2 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in downtown Los Angeles. The "PES Project" presented by Toyota and Studio4C will show the first three episodes of PES, as well as a special "making-of" movie on booth monitors.
- Official website: http://www.anime-expo.org/
About the PES Special Website
The PES special website, which uses a hand-drawn look to emphasize the unique element of animation, will officially open on June 23. The site will stream episodes and present information on the main characters, settings, and those responsible for the making of PES (cast members, musical artists and staff). In the future, behind-the-scene features including conversations with the artists and comments from the director will also be released.
- PES screenings at Amlux Tokyo (starting June 23)
- Release of episodes on YouTube PES exclusive site: http://www.youtube.com/user/toytoyotaPES
- Information releases on Twitter (http://twitter.com/pes_nasubi ) and Facebook
- Advertisements that capture the essence of the world of PES will be run in the media in various countries (teaser airings on France's Catsuka! cable television)
Takao Minai, Hiroshi Inagawa
Toyota Motor Sales & Marketing Corporation
SOURCE Toyota Motor Corporation