ROANOKE, Va., July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Built on decades of engineering experience with power electronics, the Solar Ware® Main Site Controller (MSC) offers the industry's most advanced grid management. The MSC provides overall coordination and control of the PV plant by providing access to complete information regarding the plant's power production. The MSC also operates multiple Solar Ware® inverters. The Solar Ware® Main Site Controller's unique features include:
- Single point access to the status of all inverters.
- Power Limit Reference Control – can enable or disable the site-wide power limit function.
- Slew Rate Control – smoothes spikes in power output caused by events related to start-up and shut-down, power limit changes, etc.
- Power Factor Compensation – using power generation feedback from the Power Optimization network, the MSC calculates a reactive current reference for each inverter so that the total power factor does not change with load.
- Reactive Power Reference –MSC provides a fixed amount of VARs to the grid.
- Screen displays show status of the entire site, and allow configuration of the site rated power. Trend displays show details of the MSC operation, VAR output, average inverter voltage and site power limit.
A typical Solar Ware® installation consists of multiple Solar Ware® stations, configured with multiple power channels. The power channels include Power Optimization and a DC box. The MSC continually monitors all the solar inverters at the site and adjusts commands in order to accomplish site-wide power quality goals.
For more information on Solar Ware® products, contact Donn Samsa
(Donn.Samsa@tmeic.com) or log on to www.tmeic.com.
About Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation (TMEIC)
Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation (TMEIC) was formed in 2003 from the merger of the industrial systems departments of Toshiba Corporation and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. TMEIC manufactures and sells variable frequency drives, motors, and advanced automation systems for a range of industrial applications. We drive industry.
The North American operation –
TMEIC Corporation, headquartered in Roanoke, VA, designs, develops and engineers advanced automation, large AC machines and variable frequency drive systems. TMEIC Corporation specializes in Metals, Material Handling, Oil & Gas, Mining, Testing and other industrial markets worldwide. We drive industry. www.tmeic.com
SOURCE TMEIC Corporation