SAN FRANCISCO, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, and ARM, the leading supplier of semiconductor IP, today announced the details of ARM TechCon 2012, the premier event for designers of next-generation smart, connected devices based on the ARM architecture. This year's event will enable hardware designers and software developers to connect, learn and engage on a wide range of technologies for the mobile, mobile computing, server, networking infrastructure and embedded markets. The event will focus on how the ARM ecosystem is enabling sustained innovation across these market segments, as well as identifying how an integrated, immersive user experience based on ARM technology is possible across our connected lives. ARM TechCon 2012 will be held from Tuesday, Oct. 30 to Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Media Registration is now open at https://armtechcon.reg.ubmelectronics.com/2012/index/registrations/media
Interest in ARM TechCon has grown over the last few years, with 36% increase in attendees last year and more than 240 technical paper submissions from industry experts considered for inclusion in the 2012 TechCon program. The ARM TechCon program will feature a comprehensive selection of classroom sessions, presentations, product demonstrations and panels. Featuring a wide array of topics, such as architecture selection; process manufacturing technologies; low-power optimization; safety and security; graphics, tools and methodologies; and Android and open source software design, the event is structured to address the needs of various design audiences:
- Chip Design Day, Tuesday, Oct. 30 – ARM TechCon kicks off with an intensive day specifically geared for chip design teams working with ARM intellectual property (IP) and tools. Chip Design Day is the only conference dedicated to the ARM architecture where engineers can fully immerse themselves into the latest strategies, methodologies, applications, tools and technologies for optimizing their ARM technology-based design implementation
- Software and Systems Design Days, Wednesday, Oct. 31 – Thursday, Nov. 1 – The second and third days of the conference are intended for systems designers and software developers interested in building ARM technology-based modules, boards and systems. These sessions will address all aspects of hardware and software design, as well as issues related to low-power design, networking and connectivity, security and more
ARM TechCon Keynotes
The headline keynote speakers for each day of the conference will be:
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 – Simon Segars, executive vice president and general manager, processor and physical IP divisions, ARM will focus on the role of collaboration in harnessing industry expertise to solve today's greatest technology challenges. Partners representing various segments of the ARM Connected Community® will join Segars
- Wednesday, Oct. 31 – Prof. Jonathan Koomey, consulting professor at Stanford University, will discuss new and innovative technologies designed for sustainability, and doing more with less
- Thursday, Nov. 1 – Warren East, chief executive officer, ARM will provide his vision of what the semiconductor industry needs to do to remain innovative and successful
"As consumers demand their world at their fingertips, device manufacturers understand that an integrated, immersive user experience based on ARM technology is able to deliver on their requirements," said Ian Drew, executive vice president, marketing and business development, ARM. "Innovation is at the heart of the ARM Partner ecosystem, driving new form factors and choice for consumers, as well as the next generation of energy-efficient technology that will make a real difference to the world. ARM TechCon provides an important forum for debate, learning and discovery of solutions based on the ARM architecture, as well as a platform where partners can showcase their latest products."
View conference program information that details industry addresses from key thought leaders, fireside chats and theater presentation information online now.
"The ARM technology that powered the mobile revolution continues to drive innovation – not only in mobile and other consumer electronics, but also in the enterprise, home and embedded markets," David Blaza, vice president, UBM Electronics, said. "As a global leader in media, events and marketing services for the electronics industry, UBM is honored to again present ARM TechCon and look forward to developing the industry's deepest look at the ARM architecture presented by the industry's greatest engineering talent."
For more information on sponsorship, please contact Sean Raman, email@example.com, 415.947.6622
Follow ARM TechCon
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for design engineering and the electronics industry. We deliver results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, DataSheets.com, Designlines, and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN, DesignCon, and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information, go to www.ubmelectronics.com; follow us at @ubm_electronics to get the latest UBM Electronics news.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics
SOURCE UBM Electronics