- Pay-TV service providers can deliver secure premium entertainment to any screen, any device, anywhere with NAGRA MediaLive
- NAGRA launches OpenTV 5, its most advanced and most open client device solution, a true media convergence platform
- Latest technologies leveraging cloud capabilities, from cutting-edge gateway solutions to turn-key hosting services
Cheseaux, Switzerland – September 6, 2012 – (Virtual Press Office) -- NAGRA, the digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) and the world's leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, will show how service providers can quickly and efficiently embrace internet delivered television while leveraging their investment in traditional broadcast technologies with a secure, multiscreen viewing experience. An extensive showcase of integrated hybrid and cloud-based technologies will be on display at the IBC 2012 show on NAGRA stand C81 in Hall 1 of the RAI Exhibition and Conference Center, September 7-11, 2012, in Amsterdam.
"The cloud plays an increasingly important role as a vehicle for pay-TV service providers to differentiate their offerings in a world that has become multi-device and multi-network," said Ivan Verbesselt, SVP Group Marketing for NAGRA. "This trend forms the basis for our end-to-end solutions that combine the best of Internet and TV worlds, allowing service providers worldwide to successfully compete in the multiscreen landscape."
Hybrid, integrated and hosted multiscreen solutions are at the center of NAGRA's "Bridging to the Cloud" showcase. Combined with robust content protection, they offer service providers new ways to deliver a seamless user experience across devices. The showcase includes:
- NAGRA MediaLive, a comprehensive and field-proven solution that exhibits extremely flexible cross-device service management providing service providers with a solid foundation to continuously innovate their multiscreen offering.
- OpenTV 5, NAGRA's newest and most open client device solution, makes its debut at IBC as a true media convergence platform. It features both the flexibility inherent to HTML5 application authoring along with the key ingredients for service robustness and device integrity.
- NAGRA's Multiscreen Cloud hosting Service will illustrate the benefits of a hosted solution for pay-TV service providers and broadcasters enabling them to deploy flexible and secure multiscreen services with the economies of scale inherent to a cloud delivered solution.
- NAGRA's HomeCruise microGateway, a ready-to-deploy Broadcast-to-IP gateway, that allows service providers to quickly and efficiently extend premium TV services to native IP devices in the consumer's home without the complexities associated with deploying a high-end home media gateway or burdening a network infrastructure with OTT streams.
- NAGRA's advanced advertising technologies will complete the IBC showcase with addressable advertising and second-screen interactive advertising with Automatic Content Recognition (ACR). By extending the brand experience to a companion application, service providers and broadcasters can fully capture the value of interactive advertising.
Verbesselt concludes: "The solutions we're presenting at IBC offer a unique combination of flexibility, openness and security to enrich any TV service with multi-network and multiscreen capabilities. We're looking forward to sharing our vision at this year's IBC."
At the conference
Matthew Huntington, VP Product Marketing at NAGRA's will deliver on September 7 at 11:30 am the paper entitled "The HTML5 Opportunity: Building Seamless Cross-Device User Experiences" in the IBC session "Preserving a Quality User Experience in a Multiscreen Market".
NAGRA was nominated in three categories of both the Annual CSI Awards and the ConnectedWorld.TV Awards:
Annual CSI Awards:
- Best content protection technology: NAGRA-on-Chip Security 3 (NOCS 3)
- Best content-on-demand solution: NAGRA EclipsePlus®/xG OnDemand
- Best IPTV technology or service: NAGRA MediaLive OTT
- TV Service Delivery: NAGRA MediaLive
- Content Security: NAGRA-on-Chip Security 3 (NOCS 3)
- Middleware & CPE Technology: NAGRA OpenTV Middleware
- Sister company SmarDTV was nominated in the "Innovative workflow and platform solutions" category for its Cable VOD solution for connected TVs.
NAGRA, the digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company offers content providers and DTV operators worldwide with secure, open, integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences. Its services and content protection technologies are used by 120 pay TV operators, securing content delivered to over 150 million active smart cards and devices. Its advanced user experience solutions are integrated in over 165 million devices, enabling video-on-demand, personal video recording, advanced advertising and enhanced television applications. Please visit www.nagra.com/dtv for more information and follow us on Twitter at @nagrakudelski.
+41 79 778 94 12
+1 415 962 5433