SAN DIEGO, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Iomega StorCenter Network Video Recorder (NVR) will ship in two-drive and four-drive desktop models utilizing Server Class hard drives for up to 12TB of storage.
- No need for a server or separate host to set up recordings and configurations with MindTree SecureMind Surveillance Manager integrated into new StorCenter NVR.
- Up to eight camera licenses included with each StorCenter NVR (depending on the model); support available for up to 16 cameras per StorCenter NVR device.
- Multi-channel live monitoring, video recording, and fast video playback with multiple IP cameras (cameras not included).
Iomega Corporation®, a global leader in data protection, today announced the new Iomega® StorCenter Network Video Recorder, a customized lineup of all-in-one video surveillance network storage and management solutions designed specifically for small to medium-sized businesses and distributed enterprise.
The new Iomega StorCenter NVR products, expected to be available next month, are built especially for the video surveillance industry and its customers. Features like direct connection to a VGA monitor for local live display of surveillance video, and a streamlined setup process improve Iomega's theft deterrent capability. Additionally, the new Iomega StorCenter NVR products make for simple implementation for the channel surveillance installer.
The Iomega StorCenter NVR family, on display this week at the ASIS 2012 International Tradeshow in Philadelphia, includes a fully-populated two-drive model as well as partial and fully-populated four-drive models for up to 12TBs of network storage. Each Iomega StorCenter NVR includes either four or eight camera licenses (depending on the model).
A complete integrated video management system (IVMS) solution that combines innovative network storage with video management software MindTree SecureMind Surveillance Manager, the new Iomega StorCenter NVR is an ideal option for businesses and distributed enterprise locations that prefer to manage their own reliable video surveillance system onsite at an economical price.
"The new Iomega StorCenter Network Video Recorder is the ideal integrated video management system for today's small and mid-sized businesses, retail chains and remote enterprise offices, providing an easy to deploy, high performance and reliable video surveillance solution," said Mike Nikzad, Chief Operating Officer, Iomega Corporation. "Combining versatile network storage with a leading video management application, Iomega's new StorCenter NVRs provide a compelling alternative solution to traditional NVR products. With server class hard drives and the option for offsite cloud storage, just to name a few important features, the Iomega StorCenter NVR can grow with the video surveillance needs of our customers."
"Engineering a security surveillance solution that is dependable and has the right mix of features and capabilities for expert small- to mid-sized camera installations is no small undertaking," said Tom Burns, director and general manager, Physical Security, Ingram Micro North America, one of Iomega's top distribution partners. "The straight-forward setup process within Iomega's new StorCenter NVRs not only simplifies the job of the surveillance installer, which is always important, but it also gives the technician or end-user more control and confidence by providing the ability to adjust and monitor the system offsite with a smart device. Remotely managed security solutions are a growing field of interest and opportunity for our channel partners and a category where Ingram Micro is expanding its portfolio and support services."
Key Features of the New Iomega StorCenter Network Video Recorder (NVR)
The new Iomega StorCenter NVR has all of the features of Iomega's award-winning desktop network storage devices, including the EMC® LifeLine operating system as well as local and cloud network storage capabilities that enhance the customized video surveillance functionality.
The new Iomega StorCenter NVR will be available in three versions: a two-drive model loaded with a pair of 2TB Server Class hard drives for 4TB of total storage capacity; a partially-loaded four-drive model with a pair of 3TB Server Class drives for 6TB of total storage capacity; and a fully-loaded four-drive model with four 3TB Server Class drives for a total of 12TB of storage capacity. The 4TB and 6TB models include four camera licenses each; the 12TB model includes eight camera licenses. Each device can support up to 16 cameras.
The integrated SecureMind Surveillance Manager video management software expands the Iomega StorCenter NVR into a feature-rich video surveillance appliance. The Iomega StorCenter NVR delivers multi-channel live monitoring, video recording, and fast video playback with multiple IP cameras (cameras not included). With built-in storage capacity, the archiving and retention capabilities are exceptional for surveillance video. The Iomega StorCenter NVR is scalable by adding incremental hard drives to the partially populate four-drive model, or additional Iomega network storage units to an infrastructure.
Additional features of the Iomega StorCenter NVR include:
- Stand-alone solution – no need for a server/host to run the video management software. No need for client software running on a separate host for setting up recordings and configuring the device.
- A VGA port on all StorCenter NVR models allows for live view of video from multiple cameras.
- Highly scalable – simply add cameras and/or storage to increase camera-count and retention capabilities.
- Simple installation and implementation – all you need is a Web browser.
- Support for numerous major branded H.264, MPEG4, MJPEG, IP and USB connected cameras such as AXIS, Bosch, Panasonic, Certis and others.
- Securely view live video from anywhere using a web browser.
- Configure for email alerts.
- Motion detection and alarm based recording.
- iOS and Android client applications for remote viewing and control.
- Connect to an EMC Atmos Cloud storage provider for secure offsite storage. Single folders on the StorCenter NVR can be mirrored to the Atmos cloud to provide additional backups, meet retention requirements. Users also have the ability to recover locally deleted files from the cloud.
- Advanced data replication features allow for easy protection of video recording files to and from attached USB drives or any network share, including invited members of your Iomega Personal Cloud.
- Automatic anti-virus scanning and cleaning using the included McAfee VirusScan Enterprise software.
- Iomega Personal Cloud allows for remote access and sharing via a web-based computing architecture that connects your StorCenter NVR to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
- Encrypted volumes allow you to further protect and secure your data from unauthorized access.
Availability and Warranty
The new line of Iomega® StorCenter Network Video Recorders is expected to be available worldwide beginning in the fourth quarter of 2012. All three models include server class series Serial ATA HDDs. Pricing starts at $949.99 for the 4TB model. (All pricing is U.S. suggested retail.)
For more information about the new family of Iomega Network Video Records, please go to www.iomega.com.
Iomega Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMC Corporation headquartered in San Diego, is a worldwide leader in innovative storage solutions for small businesses, home offices, consumers and others. The Company has sold more than 425 million digital storage drives and disks since its inception in 1980. Today, Iomega's product portfolio includes industry leading desktop and rackmount network attached storage products ideal for content sharing, data protection at small and medium businesses and distributed enterprises, as well as vertical applications such as video surveillance installations; a broad selection of direct-attached portable and desktop external hard drives; and multimedia drives, making it easy to move video, pictures and other files from the computer room to the livingroom. To learn about all of Iomega's storage products and network storage solutions, please go to the Web at www.iomega.com. Resellers can visit Iomega at www.ioclub.net.
* 1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes
Copyright© 2012 Iomega Corporation. All rights reserved. Iomega and StorCenter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Iomega Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. EMC and LifeLine are trademarks are registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NOTE: This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; and (xiv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation