Parasoft showcases its Open Embedded Testing platform at DESIGN East in Boston
Monrovia, CA (September 18, 2012) Booth 315- (Virtual Press Office) -- Parasoft, the industry leader in Development Testing, announced today the release of the Parasoft Open Embedded Testing platform at DESIGN East Boston. The platform can integrate with open-source and 3rd party tools, which gives embedded software engineers comprehensive control and process visibility throughout the embedded software development lifecycle.
Leveraging Parasoft's Embedded Testing Platform, organizations can uniformly apply a comprehensive array of testing practices across the organization—yielding more consistent and more predictable project outcomes. This approach eliminates the ad-hoc or inconsistent application of analysis tools and software engineering best practices, which provides organizations with the best opportunity to achieve industry and/or regulatory compliance.
"With the rapid convergence of hardware and software, organizations are faced with unprecedented complexity and increased business risk," said Wayne Ariola, VP of Strategy for Parasoft. "Parasoft's Embedded Testing Platform strives to eliminate these risks by exposing the business objective. Defining policies that achieve business objectives and uniformly applying automated tools and proven best practices helps organizations accomplish a few things: it closes the gap between business objectives and engineering activities; and it drives organizations' ability to achieve industry compliance."
Parasoft's Embedded Testing platform is the industry's most comprehensive, featuring a policy-driven process that integrates the following practices:
- Static analysis (in-line, pattern-based, flow-based, metrics)
- Unit testing (test generation, execution, optimization)
- Peer code review (preparation, notification, tracking)
- Coverage analysis (from the unit level to application level)
- Test on target, host, or simulator
- Environment Integration (IDE, source, compiler, parser, board, etc.)
- Runtime error detection (resource & memory leaks, race conditions, exceptions, etc.)
- Traceability (requirements, code, defects, code reviews, tests, etc.)
With The Embedded Testing platform, management has real-time visibility into the development process, which mitigates risks associated with software quality and security. The open platform also helps engineers embedded software development activities with align business objectives, allowing them to consistently produce high quality code.
Live Embedded Testing Platform Demo at DESIGN East Boston
Parasoft will be showcasing its Open Embedded Testing platform at DESIGN East in Boston. Attendees are invited to a demonstration of Parasoft's Embedded Testing platform capabilities at booth 315. You will:
- Learn how a policy-driven approach can help prevent errors through a process that establishes management expectations
- Learn how Parasoft's Embedded Testing platform measures productivity and consistency
- Discover the value of centralizing results and reports generated by Parasoft as well other integrated tools
- Gain an understanding of how policies can help achieve compliance for your safety-critical/embedded development software.
For 25 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating end-to-end testing, dev/test environment management, and software development management, we reduce the time, effort, and cost of delivering secure, reliable, and compliant software. Parasoft's enterprise and embedded development solutions are the industry's most comprehensive—including static analysis, unit testing, peer code review, code coverage analysis, traceability, and more. The majority of Fortune 500 companies rely on Parasoft in order to produce top-quality software consistently and efficiently. For more information, visit the Parasoft web site.
# # #