BEYBLADE BREAKS RECORDS IN FRANCE!
The Phenomenon is Bigger than Ever
(September 24, 2012 – Paris, France) – (Virtual Press Office) -- Nelvana Enterprises, Hasbro France and Lagardère Pôle TV are announcing record audiences and other exciting news for the BEYBLADE brand in France:
- On Wednesday, September 19, 2012, a BEYBLADE TV series marathon on Lagardère's Gulli channel broke audience records with over 1.2 million viewers* tuning in. BEYBLADE is the most popular boys action series on Gulli in the past three years, and is a production from Nelvana and d-rights, Inc.
- The new season, entitled BEYBLADE: Metal Fury, launched on Gulli on September 5, 2012, and is already a Top 5 ranked show with almost 200,000 kids** on average watching per episode.
- Hasbro France continues the successful sale of BEYBLADE tops, being the number one toy in France for more than a year. The new Metal Fury line of toys is selling well with more than 30,000 units a week sold – and a total of 1 million tops sold since January of 2012! Hasbro France plans to launch two brand-new products in October: the BEYBLADE Destroyer Dome and the BEYWHEELZ range which is inspired by the spin-off series BEYWHEELZ: Powered by BEYBLADE (13 special episodes are set for broadcast on Gulli soon).
- Toys"R"Us, the world's leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, will feature BEYBLADE in stores nationwide starting this month. Initiatives include BEYBLADE tournaments in all stores, BEYBLADE products featured in the Toys"R"Us' catalogue and on its website, and exclusive in-store offers.
- A second successful BEYBLADE QSR promotion took place at more than 400 Quick restaurants in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Russia from August 22 until September 18, 2012, supported by national TV, radio and web campaigns.
- In France, new products through agent Lagardère Active include Jedessine.com (online colorings), D'Arpèje (sporting goods), MC & Co (confectionary), SchoolPack (BTS) and Pimchou (stickers, arts and craft).
Representatives from Nelvana Enterprises will be at Booth F090 at Brand Licensing Europe in London, UK from October 16 to 18, 2012.
* target +4 years old, at least 10 consecutive seconds
** target 4-10 years old
consolidated audience from January 3 to September 12, 2012
overnight audience from September 13 to 19, 2012
About Nelvana Enterprises
Nelvana Enterprises is owned by Corus Entertainment Inc., a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional assets in pay television, television broadcasting, children's book publishing and children's animation. The Company's multimedia entertainment brands include YTV, Treehouse, Nickelodeon (Canada), W Network, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network (Canada), CosmoTV, Sundance Channel (Canada), Movie Central, HBO Canada, Nelvana, Kids Can Press and radio stations including CKNW AM 980, 99.3 The FOX, Country 105, 630 CHED, Q107 and 102.1 the Edge. Corus creates engaging branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple platforms. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CJR.B). Experience Corus on the web at www.corusent.com.
For further information, please contact: