BOSTON, Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AdvaMed 2012: The MedTech Conference closes today in Boston with its largest audience ever with more than 2,400 attendees, representing over 900 medical technology companies and stakeholder groups from 24 countries, 38 states and the District of Columbia. Conference attendance has increased 27 percent over last year. Hosted by the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) annually since 2007, this conference is the largest gathering of medical technology industry leaders, business development professionals, investors, policymakers, media and other stakeholders in North America.
"This record-breaking attendance demonstrates the value and importance of this conference in bringing together thought leaders, senior executives and the policy makers who will shape the future for this industry," said Stephen J. Ubl, president and CEO of AdvaMed. "Executives from the most innovative medical technology companies around the globe as well as local, national and international government officials and renowned legal and financial experts had the opportunity to learn from each other about the best practices and new technologies that continue to advance the industry."
Additional event highlights included:
- 113 exhibitors displayed their latest products and services in the Exhibit Hall
- 10 companies showcased their life-changing innovations and cutting-edge technology in a display called Innovation Alley
- More than 40 educational panels led by visionaries included insights and strategies for success as well as public policy issues
- Seven Sector MeetUps on the topics of angel investors and early stage companies, ophthalmic issues, orthopedic topics, wound management and cardiovascular issues, united members of the industry with top innovators in those fields
- More than 1,050 MedTech Partnering meetings were conducted among a diverse group of business development leaders and innovative companies
Next year's event will be held from September 23-25 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
For materials and content generated at this year's conference, please visit www.advamed2012.com.
About AdvaMed 2012
Focused on bringing venture capital, angel and private equity investors together with industry stakeholders and addressing policy issues, AdvaMed 2012 brings together industry leaders from across the U.S. and around the world. Visit www.advamed2012.com for more details.
SOURCE AdvaMed 2012