CABLEREADY COMPLETES 315 HOURS OF PRE-MIPCOM DEALS
Deals Span Nine Territories, Including United States, United Kingdom,
Latin America, Central Europe and Spain, Among Others
NORWALK, CT, OCTOBER 3, 2012 (Virtual Press Office)- CABLEready, the international television program distribution and development Company, has closed a series of global sales and renewal agreements which collectively exceed 315 hours of programming. The announcement was made today by Gary Lico, President and CEO of CABLEready.
Said Mr. Lico, "As illustrated by the latest round of new deals and renewals, CABLEready's diverse catalogue continues to attract return customers as well as forging new relationships with various broadcasters and platforms. We look to continue this momentum as we head to MIPCOM."
The following sales and renewals deals have been closed by CABLEready as it prepares for the MIPCOM market in Cannes (Stand #R31.17):
- HBO Central Europe licensed 26 episodes of Inside the Actors Studio, the long running interview series hosted by James Lipton, including the Brad Pitt episode.
- Multicanal (Spain) licensed six episodes of Big Five Challenge, the African safari contestant show.
- NBCUniversal Latin America licensed 10 additional episodes of entertainment news magazine series Hollywood Dailies.
- Turner Latin America licensed 50 episodes of movie countdown series Hollywood's Top Ten.
- After a successful premiere with episode one, AETN's BIO (US) licensed episodes two through five of Women on Death Row, a documentary series that offers a glimpse into the lives of woman who have committed the ultimate crime – murder.
- Discovery Communication's Destination America (US) licensed 11 titles from LMNO Productions, including Secrets of Muscle Cars, Secrets of High End Hawaii, World's Best Orlando, American Icons: Hoover Dam, Secrets of Pearl Harbor, Las Vegas: Beyond the Strip, Pros Guide to Las Vegas, Las Vegas: Building the Desert of Dreams, Las Vegas: Follow the Money, Top Ten Vegas Casinos and Las Vegas: Place to Get Lucky.
- AETN UK has renewed season 12 of Medical Detectives.
- Foxtel (Australia) renewed seasons one through five, as well as seasons 11 and 13 of Forensic Files, a series that takes viewers through every step of a forensic investigations.
- MSM (Singapore) renewed 52 episodes of Hollywood One on One, the Emmy Award winning series that gives viewers an up-close and uncensored look at the world's biggest films and top actors.
- Intra Communications (Russia) licensed 13 episodes of The Minimalist, cooking series featuring New York Times food writer, culinary expert and TV personality Mark Bittman.
- SoHo Channel (New Zealand) licensed five episodes of Inside the Actors Studio, including the Judd Apatow episode.
- Studio U7 (Russia) licensed 19 episodes of the popular procedural crime series Medical Detectives.
- Hulu.com (US digital) licensed 13 titles from Alliant Content, including Accident Investigator, Billion Dollar Disasters, Black Widow Women, Fire and Ice, Gods of Destruction, House of Bats, Live From the Moon, The Quest for Sunken Warships, Risk Takers, Vegas Cops, Women Addicted to Sex and Women on Death Row.
- Proxima Video VOD (Bulgaria) licensed five titles, including Great Museums, It Could Happen Tomorrow, Billion Dollar Disasters, Song for New Orleans and 7 Days that Changed New Orleans.
CABLEready also licensed episodes of Inside the Actors Studio to several airlines. British Airways, Swiss International Airlines and Etihad Airways licensed the Mad Men episode, Korea Airline licensed the Colin Firth episode and Oman Air licensed the Brad Pitt episode.
About The Companies of CABLEready:
Celebrating its 20th anniversary, CABLEready (www.cableready.net), was launched in 1992 as a single entity licensing programming to cable television networks in the U.S. Today the company distributes programming globally and leads the field in cable programming research and analysis through CableU.tv, and delivers superior duplication services through CABLEready Productions. As well, the company is fast-becoming the source for independent producers worldwide looking to ramp-up their development, increase sales and grow their businesses.
CABLEready continues to be the television industry's premier independent program representation firm with producers and buyers located across the globe. The company's core business is the representation of existing program libraries and the development of original program ideas and series franchises. CABLEready has licensed more programs to U.S. cable networks than any other program distributor, including such global hits as Inside The Actors Studio (a hit on Bravo in the U.S. and airing in more than 100 countries worldwide), Forensic Files (TruTV's and cable's longest-running investigation series) and countless other series and specials. CABLEready is also the exclusive international distributor for such global factual programming brands as New York Times Company, Lionsgate and Reelz. INC Magazine named CABLEready one of America's 5000 fastest-growing private companies – the only television programming company listed – in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
# # #
The Lippin Group