A HERD OF LICENSING ACTIVITY FOR BABAR IN EMEA
(October 15, 2012 – BRAND LICENSING EUROPE – London, United Kingdom) – (Virtual Press Office) -- In advance of Brand Licensing Europe, Nelvana Enterprises and The Clifford Ross Company are announcing a number of new licensing agreements in the EMEA for their iconic Babar brand.
- ITV Studios Global Entertainment is representing the UK licensing rights for Babar and, in keeping with the property's 80th anniversary, the initial product ranges will focus on vintage Babar, targeting the preschool, nursery and gifting categories. The deal also includes the current CG-animated TV series Babar and the Adventures of Badou, featuring Babar's grandson, Badou, which broadcasts on CITV.
- In Russia, signing of agent Rio Licensing and a master toy agreement with Vita-Alisa
- In France, new products through agent TF1 Licences from Lansay (fire truck and more), Lisciani Giochi (Toys), Cooper (Pharmacy), School Pack (BTS), Papo (PVC figurines), Riethmüller (party goods) and Worlds Apart (bedroom accessories)
- In Germany through agent M4e, Hutter Trade (board games) and Nelson (publishing)
- In Portugal, signing of new agent Popcorn, and new licensees Booksmile (publishing) and Artimbal (BTS)
- Babar and Badou are supporting UNICEF's "Child-friendly schools" program in Mozambique. The program is designed to ensure that all primary school aged children enroll and stay in school and are equipped with the basic tools they need to succeed in life. This initiative's aim is to provide 370,000 children with access to primary school. A donation will be made to the program and a specially designed Babar and Badou/UNICEF logo will be found on various Babar and the Adventures of Badou licensed products for sale in France.
Both modern and vintage Babar are supported by a rich style guide and a dedicated website at www.babar.com. New episodes of the TV series are in production.
Representatives from Nelvana Enterprises will be at Booth F090 at Brand Licensing Europe in London, United Kingdom from October 18-20, 2012, with ITV Studios located at Booth D040.
About Nelvana Enterprises
Nelvana Enterprises is owned by Corus Entertainment Inc., a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional assets in pay television, television broadcasting, children's book publishing, children's animation and animation software. The Company's multimedia entertainment brands include YTV, Treehouse, Nickelodeon (Canada), ABC Spark, W Network, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network (Canada), CosmoTV, Sundance Channel (Canada), Movie Central, HBO Canada, Nelvana, Kids Can Press, Toon Boom and radio stations including CKNW AM 980, 99.3 The FOX, Country 105, 630 CHED, Q107 and 102.1 the Edge. Corus creates engaging branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple platforms. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CJR.B). Experience Corus on the web at www.corusent.com.
About The Clifford Ross Company
Founded in 1985 by artist/photographer Clifford Ross, The Clifford Ross Company focused on three classic properties during its early years: the works of Edward Gorey, Tom Swift and Babar. After optioning the rights to Babar in 1986 directly from Laurent de Brunhoff and the de Brunhoff family, CRC entered into a working relationship with Nelvana on all aspects of the property. For over 20 years, the companies have worked together producing both television and feature length movies featuring the Babar characters and developing a worldwide licensing program. Ross recently completed "Harmonium Mountain", an animated, computer generated landscape video, with an original score by Philip Glass, which was an original selection of the Tribeca Film Festival.
For further information, please contact: