MONTEBELLO, Calif., Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Katzkin, the global leader in vehicle interior transformation, kicks off its 30th anniversary celebration at SEMA, October 29-November 2, 2012, with an all-new larger display featuring a rotating tower (Booth #12261), and highlighting expanded vehicle design elements in display cars and interactivity. Throughout the show, over 100 vehicles will exhibit Katzkin interiors, including more than a dozen in OEM exhibits.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/58745-katzkin-leather-celebrates-30th-anniversary-at-2012-sema-show
According to Brooks Mayberry, CEO of Katzkin, the brand will be making an overarching design statement that continues through all display elements including the interior and exterior of Katzkin's version of the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. "We also have innovative 'spine displays' that uniquely highlight full-scale Katzkin leather seats," said Brooks. "These same Katzkin displays are now featured in all CarMax stores nationwide, thanks to our strategic alliance with CarMax."
The Katzkin SEMA display will also debut the company's all new VIS 2.0 (Vehicle Interior Selector) on an oversized interactive screen. The Katzkin VIS is the industry's only configurator that allows consumers to see unique design choices for their own specific vehicle.
As noted by David Giddings, Vice President of Marketing, 2012 has been a year in which Katzkin's design emphasis has grown the brand immensely in both recognition and credibility, earning it a right to play with prestigious global performance companies such as Cosworth. "The ability for us to be included in the design elements for Cosworth Racing specialized vehicles, such as the Cosworth Genesis Concept and Cosworth Racing's Ford Focus, elevates our game in affordable luxury to a whole new stature."
Vehicles with Katzkin-designed and supplied interiors to be displayed at SEMA this year, include:
- Hyundai "Velocity" for Hyundai Motors America (on display at the Hyundai exhibit)
- Hyundai Veloster "Track Day" (on display at Hyundai exhibit)
- Hyundai-sponsored, Santa Fe "Bad Santa" 5-passenger SUV by EGR (on display at EGR exhibit)
- Hyundai-sponsored, Veloster "KX 1 Concept" (on display at Katzkin Exhibit)
- Ford-sponsored, Ford Fusion by TJIN concepts (on display at Ford exhibit)
- GM Factory-sponsored, Chevy Camaro by TJIN concepts (on display at the GM exhibit)
- Hyundai-sponsored, Cosworth "Genesis Concept" (on display at the Hyundai exhibit)
- Ford-sponsored, Cosworth Ford Focus, (on display at the Ford exhibit)
Though several of the above vehicles are displayed for concept purposes, Mopar continues to work closely with Katkzin as a strategic accessory partner, with many vehicles featuring Katzkin as a factory installed option on the Monroney sticker. At this year's SEMA, Katzkin worked closely with the Chrysler Group's Design Office to create interior designs for Mopar models, including:
- Jeep Wrangler "Sand Trooper" (on display at Mopar exhibit) – supporting Mopar's new portfolio of high-end, hard-core Jeep performance parts, the "Sand Trooper" is a conversion kit with an interior that includes premium black Katzkin Leather seats which incorporate the exterior feel with unique tan stitching.
- Dodge Charger "Juiced" (on display at Mopar exhibit) – the Katzkin-designed interior complements the "Copperhead" accent on the exterior, with touches of "Copperhead" color within the unique black Katzkin leather seats; accent "Copperhead" color stitching on the steering wheel, shifter and armrest, and a "Copperhead" logo is embroidered on the seatbacks.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee "Half & Half" (on display at Mopar exhibit) – a completely "Moparized" vehicle which includes a premium Katzkin Tuscany leather interior.
- 2013 SRT Viper (on display at Mopar exhibit) – an ultimate super car for accessories and performance parts, the SRT Viper comes with seat edging in black Katzkin leather with yellow accents in the perforations, giving a subtle, tailored feel to the performance interior.
- Chrysler 300 "Luxury" (on display at Mopar exhibit) – outfitted with premium Katzkin leather seats that provide a quilted, luxe look, helping the Chrysler 300 interior tell its luxury story. Katzkin leather is also wrapped on the shift handle (a style point imported from the limited-edition Mopar '12 300, which made its debut earlier this year).
David O'Connell, Chief Designer for Katzkin, with a background that includes Chief Designer of Mitsubishi R and D of America and a faculty position at the prestigious Art Center in Pasadena since 2001, has seen a metamorphosis in both design and interior transformation. "Through Katzkin interiors, we're able to blend the personality of a vehicle with the demographic of its buyer, and it's an exciting revelation," said O'Connell. "We now have the capacity to create an emotional and personal connection to more than 3,000 vehicle interiors. People spend more time in the interior of a car than looking at its outside – they should enjoy every moment and feel a good connection."
For 2012, Katzkin's SEMA presence has increased to 2,000 sq ft, placing Katzkin in the top 3 percent of all exhibitors at the show. The display will feature unique designs on 23 seat displays, including 20 limited editions. Nine of those seats will be mounted on Katzkin's unique spine displays, allowing for a full walk-around view of each seat.
A cut-away interior cabin including two Katzkin leather front seats with a dashboard and center console will be a focal point within the Katzkin display. The cabin will face an oversized monitor to view Katzkin's all-new VIS (Vehicle Interior Selector) 2.0, which has been upgraded to better select premium, custom and limited edition interior designs. The VIS 2.0 system will be integrated into the dashboard for guests to experience the new and easier navigational "How to Buy" features.
Founded in 1983, Katzkin Leather, Inc., of Montebello, Calif., is the leading manufacturer of custom leather interiors. With a nationwide installer base featuring over 2,500 restyling locations, Katzkin has created more than one million exciting vehicle interiors in the past 29 years. Katzkin maintains more than 3,000 interior patterns, 135 colors and materials, and more custom options than any other interior manufacturer. For more information or to become a Katzkin restyler, visit Katzkin online at www.katzkin.com or call 800.842.0590.
Contact: Deb Pollack, for Katzkin Leather, Inc.
(t) 805-320-9248 (e) email@example.com
SOURCE Katzkin Leather, Inc.