USA Telephone: 512-492-1150
Campus Advantage Offers Wide Range of Services, Unmatched Industry Experience to Student Housing Clients
AUSTIN, Texas, USA (Nov. 1, 2012)
– (Virtual Press Office
) -- Campus Advantage, a leading student housing company, is exploring partnerships with investors, developers and owners across Asia who could benefit from the company’s extensive industry experience as well as its proven ability to deliver results.
The company currently manages 48 student housing communities spread across 20 states. Clients served by the company benefit from increased occupancy and resident retention rates, insider knowledge on the latest industry trends and superior living experiences for residents. Campus Advantage’s leadership team have spent their entire careers working across both the public and private sectors of the student housing industry and use that experience to provide solutions tailored to each client’s unique needs and challenges.
Company president and CEO, Mike Peter, started his career working in student housing while attending the University of Minnesota. This experience led him to found Campus Advantage in 2003 and shaped the company’s vision of providing services to residents as a way to help “create a world where more people are leading successful and enriched lives.”
“At Campus Advantage, we don’t want to just put roofs over students’ heads,” Peter said. “We want to help create tomorrow’s leaders by providing students with resources they need to succeed in college and in life.”
Two years ago, Peter was part of Association of College and University Housing Officers - International (ACUHO-I). Campus Advantage was a sponsor of the work-study trip in which representatives visited eight universities across China. Peter spent three weeks traveling around China and said he was very impressed by the opportunities he saw in the country.
Campus Advantage offers a wide range of services that include property management, student housing project development and acquisition and student development programming. Its consulting services staff serves clients by preparing market profiles, market analysis, feasibility studies, due diligence, operational consulting and design consulting.
The company will soon mark its 10th anniversary. Among the successes it will celebrate are:
• The company achieved an unprecedented 46 percent returning resident ratio for the 2012/2013 school year among its managed student housing portfolio.
• The company has partnered with one of the United States’ largest state pension funds to invest more than $200 million in student housing properties on behalf of the pension fund.
• In 2011, its consulting division performed market studies and programmatic consulting on 20 projects with a projected combined market value of more than $600 million.
• The company's "Students First" program had a direct impact on resident retention and saved its clients an average of $380 per bed on marketing, leasing and turn costs that would have been spent replacing unsatisfied residents.
• Employees recently raised almost $45,000 for the American Cancer Society’s 2012 Relay for Life campaign as the first student housing company to participate as a national corporate team partner for the 2012 effort, which concluded Aug. 31.
# # #
About Campus Advantage
Campus Advantage (CA) is an Austin-based real estate firm that offers student housing management, development, acquisition and consulting services. The company works to create winning partnerships between colleges, universities, investors, developers and owners in an effort to help students achieve their academic and personal goals. For additional information, please visit http://www.campusadv.com